Aquaculture Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | 110,016 views |
Welcome to Aquaculture! An expansion of Minecraft’s fishing system. In Aquaculture you never know what you’ll catch. Every biome is home to tons of unique fish you can only catch in that biome, and there’s a myriad of new loot items you can randomly catch while fishing. All of this is made possible by simply crafting the Iron Fishing Rod.
The Iron Fishing Rod
This new shiny addition is a gateway to your journey into Aquaculture! Simply crafting it will enable all the features of the mod. By using a new fishing rod, I was able to avoid making base class edits ot the game which would severely harm any compatibility with other mods as well as ceaselessly complicating multiplayer/updates.
There are plans for new and better fishing rods that will increase your chances to get cooler loot while fishing (Gold, Diamond, and Neptunium are all planned!)
Ah yes the part you’ve all been waiting for, Aquaculture’s 32+ new fish and 12+ fishable loot items!
For the mostpart Aquaculture sticks to realism, the new fish are (mostly) real species that have been translated into Minecraft.
(Red colored fish are not yet implemented but are planned)
Freshwater (Forest, Plains, Extreme Hills)
- Brown Trout
- Capitaine (Nile Perch)
- Boulti (Nile Tilapia)
Arctic (Tundra, Taiga)
- Pink Salmon
- Rainbow Trout
Saltwater (Beach, Ocean)
- Red Grouper
- Red Snapper
- Manta Ray
Tropical (Jungle) [Coming soon!]
- Electric Eel
- Dart Frog
- Arrau Turtle
Mushroom (Mushroom Island)
- Red Shrooma
- Brown Shrooma
Random Loot! (Found everywhere!)
- Seaweed/Algae [Edible!]
- Driftwood [Crafts into Planks!]
- Leather Boots
- Tin Can
- Message in a Bottle [Right click to reveal a message!]
- Treasure Chest [These three all contain random loot!]
- Goldfish [Crafts into Gold Nuggets!]
- Neptunium Bar [2-3x stronger than Diamond!]
Note: If you are using a mod that adds new biomes or are fishing in a biome that doesn’t have specific fish, it will default to Freshwater Fish, meaning technically this mod is compatible with any other Biome adding mod there is!
- Driftwood + Workbench = 4 Planks
- 2 Iron + Stick + 2 String + Workbench = Iron Fishing Rod
- (Any Fish) + Workbench = Raw Fish Fillet
- Raw Fish Fillet + Furnace = Cooked Fish Fillet (Restores 2.5 marks of Hunger)
- Squid + Workbench = Ink Sac
- Whale + Workbench = 5x Whale Steaks
- Whale Steak + Furnace = Cooked Whale Steaks
- Goldfish + Workbench = Gold Nugget
- Boot + Workbench = Leather
- Tin Can + Furnace = Iron Bar
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and put KeithyUtils file into your mods folder (only for Minecraft 1.6.2).
- Download Aquaculture Mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Credits: Shadowclaimer, Rebelkeithy