For Minecraft 1.5.2July 10, 2013 ❘ Minecraft Mods ❘ 165,116 views
AudioMod is an upgrade of sorts, and a modder’s utility. Included in this mod is CodecIBXM, created by Paul at www.paulscode.com, who is the creator of the sound system used in Minecraft. It allows Minecraft to play (in addition to ogg, wav, and mus files), xm, s3m, and mod files. The only readily available feature of this mod is the ability to add new music, however, it adds support for modders to add new records and sound effects. There is a slight increase in load time when using this mod. Using this, you can also use custom sounds, alongside the originals. Custom music and sound goes into the resources folder, music in mod/music. Custom sounds go into mod/sound. For example, if I were to add a new footstep sound effect to stone, I’d put the new stone1.ogg in mod/sound/step. In game, the new sound would occasionally be played, alongside the originals. Custom sounds for things like the menu click and water do not always work, at the moment.
- 1) Open up %appdata%, if you don’t know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
- 2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
- 3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
- 4) Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
- 5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
- 6) Run Minecraft, enjoy!
- 1) Go to Applications>Utilities and open terminal.
- 2) Type in the following, line by line:
cd ~ mkdir mctmp cd mctmp jar xf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
- 3) Outside of terminal, copy all the files and folders into the mctmp directory.
- 4) Back inside terminal, type in the following:
rm META-INF/MOJANG_C.* jar uf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./ cd .. rm -rf mctmp
- 5) Run Minecraft, enjoy