Better Biomes Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: SMEZ1234 | 71,519 views |
What is Better Biomes?
Better Biomes is a forge mod that adds new world types, more biomes, and configuration options for vanilla biomes. The Better Biomes world type and Fantasy Biomes world type contain all the new biomes – they do not generate in the standard Overworld. Each one can be turned off in the config.
Tall, snowy mountains, ringed by low-lying woodland and filled with glaciers.
A forest of cherry blossom trees with dark trunks and pink leaves.
A sand filled archipelago with cacti and dead bushes.
A shallow lake with large, sandy shores filled with dead trees and shrubs.
A snowy biome filled with fir trees, some growing up to 32 blocks above the ground.
An archipelago of forested islands.
A relatively flat biome with the occasional tree. It resembles plains from 1.7.3 and earlier generation.
A archipelago filled with tall mountains rising out of the sea.
A biome that towers above the surrounding landscape, frequently touching the clouds.
A green, marshy biome filled with lots of water and clumps of trees.
A high, moderately flat biome with scattered oak trees and shrubs.
A large, treeless expanse of gold-yellow grass.
A lush, jungle-like biome with no undergrowth and more tall trees.
A desolate biome filled with stone and cobblestone. The occasional emerald can be found.
A large expanse of purple water (configurable in the new colour config file, for those who complain about the way Mojang did swamps).
A sandstone area filled with small patches of dirt and trees, and deep gorges where water used to flow.
An open plain containing scattered acacia trees.
A shrub filled plain with no trees.
Similar to the plateau biome, snowy plateaus contain fir trees and shrubs and lots of snow.
A damp grassland biome with no plants but lots of mobs.
An archipelago of islands covered in jungle trees.
A snow-covered biome filled with flowers and low undergrowth.
A desert spotted with pits of lava and the occasional volcano.
A dead area of gravel and dirt, filled with the dead trunks of trees that were unable to survive the heat.
A thinly forested biome filled with oak trees.
Forest of the Yggdrasils
A dense forest dotted with massive Yggdrasils, huge trees towering high above the surrounding forest.
How to install Better Biomes Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Better Biomes Mod
- Put Better Biomes Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
- Set the world type to “betterBiomesType” or “fantasyBiomesType” in the server config.
- The config file is located at .minecraftconfigBetter Biomes.cfg. Another config file (.minecraftconfigBetter Biomes Grass, Liquid and Foliage Colours) allows you to change the colours for certain biomes, but only use it if you understand how it works.
- The “Allow ____ Biomes world type” option allows you to remove a world type from the world options list.
- Biome IDs allow you to change the number that a biome is registered as. This is to avoid conflicts with other mods which use the same biome IDs.
- World Type ID is much the same, if it is the same as another ID it will overwrite it.
- Generate ____ Biomes options allow you to turn off biomes in the Better Biomes or Fantasy Biomes world type.
- Generate default options allow you to turn off normal biomes in Default and Large Biomes world types.
- Biome size can be any positive integer, not just 4 and 6. For a world with tiny biomes, try 1 or 2. For a world with biomes larger than the large biomes size, try 7 or 8.
- Updated to MC 1.6.4
- 7 new biomes:
- Grassy Archipelago
- Frozen Archipelago
- Snowy Desert
- Polar Desert
Better Biomes Mod Download Links:
Older versions:Better Biomes Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2,