Better Minecraft Chat Mod 1.10.2/1.9.4
Author: BlayTheNinth ❘ March 11, 2017 ❘ 2,828 views
Better Minecraft Chat Mod 1.10.2/1.9.4 is a client-side mod that provides various tweaks and features to the Minecraft chat, while staying close to the look and feel of the Vanilla chat. It’s most notable features are Emoticons, and Image Link preview, configurable Chat Tabs and Message Filters. It also provides an API for other mods to use and will act as the new base for my upcoming IRC & Twitch Integration mods.
- By default it supports Twitch emotes and BetterTTV emotes, as well as pre-approved emotes submitted by my Patrons and the old EiraMoticons default emotes.
- Simple Emote menu to go along with it, in case you can’t remember your Twitch emote codes.
- Image Link Preview
- Links in Minecraft pointing to an image will be previewed right there when clicked on. No need to open them in a browser!
- Chat Tabs
- Ability to group messages logically using RegEx patterns.
- Ability to set a message prefix to quickly respond to whispers.
- Ability to set exclusive channels, which will cause messages not to appear on other tabs whose patterns fit as well.
- Chat Macros
- Ability to store up to four messages for quick-reuse
- Pressing CTRL + F5-F8 will store the currently typed message in a Macro slot.
- Pressing F5-F8 will then insert the stored message into chat as long as it’s open.
- Message Filters
- Ability to redirect messages to appear on the side bar or as a notification on the bottom of the screen, similar to what ChatFlow allowed you to do.
- By default, “You can only sleep at night” is redirected to a notification on the bottom and common command output is redirected to the side.
- Ability to simply completely hide messages.
- Message Reformatting
- In case you hate Minecraft’s “<Player> Message” style, you can easily change it to whatever you like using the sender and message variable.
- Message Highlights
- When another player mentions your name, the message will be highlighted with a red background.
- Ability to set up further highlighted words.
- Random Name Colors
- Ability to enable random name colors for players in chat (will not be synchronized with other players).
- Alternating Message Background
- Message Timestamps
Stolen Idea from ChatFlow
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
Better Minecraft Chat Mod 1.10.2/1.9.4 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.9.0
For Minecraft 1.9.4
For Minecraft 1.10.2