Changes the way ore generates so that they are semi-grouped together in mines. this promotes exploration, the use of minecarts, and you don’t have to strip mine anymore. Also a fully customizable ore distribution mod. Edit rarity, vein size, # of veins, height from bedrock, diameter of mine, ores rates based on biomes, vertical cluster density, and horizontal cluster density
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download Better Ore Distribution Mod
- Put Better Ore Distribution Mod jar file into your /.minecraft/mods folder
- Implemented core mod code. Bod no longer overwrites base classes, you can now install by placing the .jar file into the mods folder.
- Fixed code to find minecraft directory. No longer are there different versions for singleplayer and multiplayer. There is one universal jar file.
- Moved configs into config folder inside .minercaft.
- Fixed dimension checking. Dimension names are now access directly from the world provider. Any dimension should work now.
- Changed the code that was resetting the variables from checking for dirt or nether quartz to use the DecorateBiomeEvent.Pre event, so again, it will work with any dimension.
- Any dimension that is not the nether or overworld will be given a copy of the overworld configs, so as long as they have regular stone they will get overworld ores. These can be changed individually after they are created.
- Removed about a dozen variables that were never used.
- Fixed Nether Quartz being called dirt.
- Fixed non-quartz Nether Ores spawning. All ores should now replace the correct block type by default. (Before the nether ores were being told to replace stone instead of netherrack, and therefore never showing up unless you manually went into the configs and changed them.)