Crafting Suite Mod
November 30, 2013 ❘ 31,080 views
What is Crafting Suite?
Crafting Suite is a follow up on Project Bench Mod. It brings back the Project Bench, but also expands upon the original idea of it. Now the player will be able to have a more personalized experience with the benches in their world, both functionally and aesthetically. You’ll have access to many things, from crafting benches that will hold onto their inventory rather than drop it, and benches that will have additional storage space that they can craft from.
The Modification Table:
The Modification Table is the root of the entire mod at this point. It is the one stop shop for building and upgrading your benches to meet the variable needs you have. Aside from some fancy rendering, it will take and combine your components into the finalized bench. For now, it only has recipes for the original Project Bench, but more will come.
Using the Modification Table
Its basic use is this:
- Place either an already constructed bench to upgrade, or the initial modifier for the type of bench you would like to create in the first slot. This can be thought of as the base item on which you will build. This part is required.
- Under the Modifier section, you can place one of two types of items, either planks, which decide the appearance of the bench (partially) or a tools modifier (if upgrading a pre existing bench). Nifty note: any plank that is properly registered with Forge will work in here, so colors galore! You will see examples of a handful of forestry planks.
- Finally, in the Aesthetics section you can, as of this writing, place one or two of two types of items. Most importantly, you can place carpet, which defines the top most color of the bench along with a portion of its sides. There are 15 colors to choose from, so just choose any carpet color you desire! Next you may also choose to add a block of clay. Adding clay will modify the table so that there is a render above it showing the current crafting recipe output. (Why clay? I think of moulding).
Once you decide on the modifiers to add and are ready to craft, you may want to hold shift over the Craft button to see what the table is going to consume in its recipe.Now you may click craft and the table will get to work on crafting, it takes about 10 seconds to craft. During this time you may gaze fondly at the render in the bench, or take a step back from the table and watch as your new bench rises triumphantly from the table. Or just space out and not enjoy those features which I put effort into.
Any time there is a valid recipe in the Modification Table it will show in the right hand corner of the GUI what the final product will look like. Note that some modifiers have no effect on the render displayed on the right (for instance the Tools Modifier, or clay).
– Hold shift over the Craft button to see the recipe it’s using
.- Extraneous items in the inventory may hinder your crafting ability.
– You won’t be able to craft another bench if there is a result still in the slot that differs from the new recipe.
The Project Bench
Pretty colorsNote that these project benches all have the clay modifier, allowing for the render atop. Also pictured here are the items that I’ll get to later.
The full recipe for the Project Bench, and one step further for the Tools Modifier:
The Project Bench walks and talks just like the old one, but it thinks quite differently. For the unaware, the basic idea is that you place a recipe in the 3×3 crafting matrix and then upon crafting, it tries to pull from the below attached 18 slots rather than the crafting grid itself. Quite useful really.Along with that, there is a visible button to the left of the matrix. Clicking this button will empty the contents of the crafting matrix into the supply matrix.What’s that icon next to the middle of the matrix? Must be a visual artifact. Definitely not a future plan.
– Hold shift while hovering over a Project Bench (or any bench for that matter) in your inventory to see what modifiers are already on the bench.
Modded Crafting Table:
Crafted in the Modification Table, this is a simpler version of the Project bench, but more advanced than the vanilla Crafting Table.
- It will hold in it’s crafting grid, rather than drop them, when the player closes the GUI.
- It accepts some of the more basic Modifiers (currently only the Deep Slot modifier).
- It accepts the Clay (for render) upgrade, but does not currently support cloth upgrades.
- Accepts different types of wood to change its appearance (functionality remains the same).
To craft it, do something like this in the Modification Table:
Keep in mind that this is an early version of the full realization of this mod.Plan Modifier
Upgrading a Project Bench (only one that has access to this modifier at the time of this writing) with the Plan Modifier will allow the use of plans with the bench. If you’re at all familiar with the old Red Power 2 implementation of plans, it’s basically the same. If not, you’re in for a treat.
With plans, you can place a recipe in the bench, drop in a blank plan to the plan slot (the one with the fancy background) and then write the plan, with the button to left (looks vaguely like a blank plan). Once written, that plan will always remember the recipe you wrote to it. As you can see above, a piston plan was written to it. It will now show up as “Piston Plan” rather than Blank Plan.
Placing that now written plan into the slot will allow you to craft that recipe without physically placing the items into the crafting area, it will pull directly from the supply area. Fantastic.
– Plans will attempt to use any type of item from the OreDictionary, if applicable.
– See below for the recipes for plans and the modifier.
– This supports NEI shift clicking of the question mark, but it has unique behavior. If you have all the materials AND a plan for that item in your, or the bench’s inventory, it will transfer the plan directly into the plan slot and the materials into the supply area rather than into the crafting area.
Recipe in Modification Table:
Step 1: Write the recipe to the plan.
Recipe is now bound to the Plan
Step 2: Clear the crafting area, you can see the ghosted items in the bench
Step 4: Enjoy the simplified crafting of those annoying repetitive recipes.
Deep Slot Modifier
The Deep Slot Modifier installs a special slot to the side of the inventory. This slot will hold 6x the max stack size of the item placed in it. This means, for your average item it’ll be 384 items. Nice for the bench that needs a seemingly endless supply of one item or another.
Recipe In Modification Table:
– The crafting area will pull from this slot rather than the crafting grid or the supply matrix (if applicable). It is the preferred source of items (after excess in the crafting grid).
– You can’t shift click out of this slot, just interact with it as normal.
– It can be a tiny bit temperamental from time to time. Just give it a good furious clicking if it’s misbehaving. Typically resolves itself.
The Tools Modifier is a modifier that adds an additional several slots for tools to be placed alongside the normal inventory of the bench. It is currently only implemented in the Project Bench, but it will be available for all benches at a future time.
Items can only be placed in these three slots if they appear to be tools, as in the item can take damage. Use right click to place them into the slot. Once in the slot, the can be accessed quickly to be added to the matrix (remember, RIGHT CLICK to access the item). Left clicking on the item once in the slot will activate that item. Once activated, the item will be automatically added to the crafting matrix (it’s rendered in the matrix but you cannot interact with it there).
As a consequence, if there is a tool selected but you place the items for a crafting bench in, it won’t work because the tool is considered to be within the matrix. Simply left click again to deselect the tool.An example, all you have to do is put, say the Copper Plate (IC2) in the matrix, and click the Hammer (IC2 again) and it will automatically add the Hammer and the appropriate crafting recipe will be displayed.
-Shift clicking a tool will automatically place it in the Tool slots on the left.
-A selector will appear around the currently selected tool
-Note fancy pants rendering on top of the table.
Deep Slot Modifier:
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
- NEI Usage and Recipe support
- Occasional crash fix
- Ore Dictionary misuse fix
- Tooltip tweaked to always display modifiers on a bench
Also on 9minecraft
- Project Bench Mod
- Craft Cards Mod
- Item Scroller Mod 1.11.2/1.11/1.10.2
- CJB’s QuickCraft Mod
- CraftingTable IV Mod 1.11/1.10.2/1.7.10
- Easy Crafting Mod 1.7.10
- Avaritiaddons Mod 1.7.10
- Grey Goo Mod 1.4.7
- BackTools Mod for MCPE
- Enhanced Inventories Mod 1.7.10
- Uncrafting Table Mod 1.11/1.10.2/1.7.10
- Advanced Power Management Addon (Industrial Craft 2)