For Minecraft 1.5.2January 5, 2014 ❘ Minecraft Mods ❘ 254,802 views
This mod is called Gulliver. It’s named for the book Gulliver’s Travels, though much of the inspiration comes from The Borrowers, Alice in Wonderland, and other size-related stories.
What it does?
- From the outside, it looks just like plain vanilla Minecraft. There are no new blocks or items, just two Potions.
- But with Gulliver installed, you now have the ability to change your own size or the sizes of mobs & NPCs!
- The world works differently when you and mobs change size. See what happens!
A few starter tips for tiny players:
- Watch Your Step
- Shift-Crouch to Jump 1 Block High
- Some Blocks are Climbable!
- Carry Paper, a Slime Ball, String and a Lily Pad
- Carry something pointy (like a Stick or Sword), you may need it to pry open Chests or Doors
- Try the Fishing Rod
- Beware of Cats & Spiders!
A few starter tips for huge players:
- Watch Your Step – Falling Hurts!
- Shift-Crouch to Jump Half Your Height
- Try Punching Blocks/Mobs Barehanded
- Step On Mobs (or else Sneak Over Them)
- Right-Click Mobs When Barehanded to Pick Them Up
Gliding with Paper!
Rafting with a Lily Pad!
Riding an Iron Golem with String!
How to Change Size
Brewing recipe (Gulliver v0.10 for Minecraft 1.4.5 & later):
- Add Nether Wart to Water Bottle to make Awkward Potion.
- Add Red Mushroom to make Potion of Embiggening, or else:
- Add Brown Mushroom to make Potion of Ensmallening.
Add Redstone Dust to extend the effect duration, and/or turn them into Splash Potions with Gunpowder and you can throw them at mobs.
Potion of Embiggening makes you 4 times normal height, Ensmallening makes you 1/4 normal height. (You can drink Milk or the Potion with the opposite resizing effect to change your size back.)
Having a stack of Cyan Dye in your inventory will make you half your size, and a stack of Magenta Dye will make you twice your size. You can have multiple stacks of dye to apply the resizing multiple times, so 3 stacks of Cyan Dye will make you 1/8 size, and 3 stacks of Magenta Dye will make you 8 size. The dyes may also be applied to Sheep, and in Gulliver v0.10, dyeing tame Wolves’ collars will also have the resizing effect.
If you don’t want to allow Dye-based resizing on a server, set the server.properties option “enable-dye-resizing” to “false”.
If you don’t want it in singleplayer, use this option in %appdata%.minecraftconfigmod_Gulliver.cfg:
Note: This requires both “Cheat Mode” (or Op permission on a server) and Creative Mode to work.
You can adjust the player’s size by pressing the ‘R’ key to double the current size and the ‘F’ key to halve the current size. (Size limits are 1/8 for smallest and 8 for largest.) If the player is holding an ordinary Stick, then the size changes will apply to the mob you are pointing at. The player or mob will stay that size unless affected by a resizing Potion or Dye.
If you want to start a new world at a particular size, like for doing a survival challenge, change the g_basePlayerSize option in %appdata%.minecraftconfigmod_Gulliver.cfg. To start new worlds at 1/8 scale, use this:
- Download and install Modloader
- Download Gulliver Mod
- Drag and drop files from “Gulliver Mod” into “Minecraft.jar”
- Delete the META-INF
- Close “Minecraft.jar” and run minecraft!
- If you don’t want to mess with changing your minecraft.jar, there’s a very nice launcher program for Minecraft called Magic Launcher. With it, you can setup a configuration to launch Minecraft with Gulliver activated. You won’t have to touch minecraft.jar or even remove META-INF!
- It’s a great way to manage other mods too, and it can do some compatibility checking for you. You can set what mods are being loaded and in what order. (Gulliver should be the last item in your Mods list, unless told otherwise for a particular mod.)