Installing Texture Packs
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ September 22, 2012 ❘ 6,031 views
This guide explains how to install texture packs which have a resolution of 16×16 or lower.
1. Download a texture pack from this website by clicking the download link under the Download button on a texture pack page. Do not un-zip the downloaded file.
2. Open Minecraft and click Texture Packs on the main menu.
3. Click Open texture pack folder. This opens up the folder where the texture packs are stored. If the folder does not open you will need to manually locate it:
- Windows: %AppData%.minecrafttexturepacks
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/texturepacks
- Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/texturepacks
4. Place the texture pack in the folder leaving the file as a .zip.
5. The texture pack will now show up in Minecraft. Simply click the pack and it will be applied to Minecraft!