Owen’s Prospecting Picks Mod for MCPE
Author: OwenIsOffline ❘ June 3, 2016 ❘ 165 views
Owen’s Prospecting Picks Mod makes it easier to find valuable ores which is such a vital part of Minecraft. It’s by no means overpowered as the picks need to be crafted before you can use them and even then it requires some actual mining before finding the ores.
How does it work?
The prospecting picks can be used for easier finding the most valuable ores. So instead of having to mine loads of stone blocks in order to find just a few valuable ores you can use a prospecting pick to find and mine them quicker.
Currently there are five types of prospecting picks. The difference is just how many times each can be used before breaking.
- Wooden Prospecting Pickaxe (usages: 60) (1600) – 4 wood planks + 2 sticks
- Stone Prospecting Pickaxe (usages: 132) (1601) – 4 cobblestones + 2 sticks
- Iron Prospecting Pickaxe (usages: 251) (1602) – 4 iron ingots + 2 sticks
- Golden Prospecting Pickaxe (usages: 33) (1603) – 4 gold ingots + 2 sticks
- Diamond Prospecting Pickaxe (usages: 1562) (1604) – 4 diamonds + 2 sticks
In this example we chose to use the Iron Prospecting Pickaxe. It should be noted that all picks can find any type of vanilla ores (not modded ores).
Tap on the ground to start searching for ores. As soon as something is found a text message will appear in the chat explaining which ore has been found.
Start digging at the position where you detected the ores and quite soon you should be able to find your first ores.
Once you’ve mined all the found ores you can continue using the prospecting pick to detect more ores in your area.
- Click the download button further down.
- Use a file manager app (e.g. ES File Explorer) to extract the downloaded zip file.
- Open BlockLauncher, install the textures and then install the mod.