Pixelmon PE Mod for MCPE
Author: Wartave, XScripter0 ❘ August 1, 2016 ❘ 4,090 views
Pixelmon PE is an advanced Pokémon mod for Minecraft Pocket Edition. Even though it’s currently released as a beta version it has loads of features and many of them work quite well. You can catch Pokémon, duel others and use items such as the Pokedex to view detailed information about your Pokémon. Even for the fact it’s still being in beta it definitely is very fun to use and is most definitely worth testing out!
Toolbox is incompatible with this mod. We recommend using the SimpleCommands mod to get some of the items.
When first entering a new survival world a Pokémon type selection menu will pop up. In this case we selected the option furthest to the left known as Bulbasaur (grass).
You will have the following items by default in the inventory. Further down there is a detailed description of each item.
- Poke Ball x 5
To spawn your Pokémon begin by selecting it by pressing one of the Pokémon icons in the top-right corner of the screen. Then use a Poké Ball to spawn it. To despawn it tap on the Pokémon again.
Some Poké Balls require some type of apricorn to be crafted. Apricorns can be harvested by breaking the tree which looks as seen in the image below.
There are four types of apricorn trees: red (common), yellow (rare), blue (super rare) and black (ultra rare). They spawn randomly in the world. After you’ve collected at least one it can be planted on the ground to grow more and they don’t require any water to grow.
- Poké Ball (501) – 1 Poké Ball Up + 1 redstone + 1 Poké Ball Down
- Poké Ball Up (504) – 3 Red Apricorns
- Poké Ball Down (507) – 4 iron ingots
- Ultra Ball (502) – 1 Ultra Ball Up + 1 redstone + 1 Poké Ball Down
- Ultra Ball Up (505) – 2 Black Apricorns + 1 Yellow Apricorn
- Master Ball (503) – 1 Master Ball Up + 1 Poké Ball + 1 Poké Ball Down
- Master Ball Up (506) – 2 Pink Apricorns + 3 Purple Apricorns + 1 iron ingot
- (to find a list of all other items, e.g. Apricorns, scroll down to the bottom)
Pokémon Battles & Catching Pokémon
Dueling other Pokémon helps your own Pokémon to gain experience and reach higher levels. If you want to catch another Pokémon you must first challenge it in a duel and win.
To start a duel tap on one of your Pokémon in the area which is marked in red in the image below and then tap on the Pokémon you want to fight.
At this point your own Pokémon should spawn and a menu should be displayed in the bottom of the screen displaying a few different options.
- Attack: attack the other Pokémon
- Pokémon: switch to another Pokémon
- Backpack: opens a backpack
- Run: escape the battle
In this case we selected the Attack option and Bulbasaur immediately started to attack Caterpie. In the text chat it will say how much health each Pokémon have and in this case it looked like Bulbasaur was losing so we chose to escape the battle (press Run).
If a Pokémon is hurt you can use a PokeCenter to heal it. Simply select the hurt Pokémon and then tap on the PokeCenter.
The PokeCenter is a placeable block which can be used for healing a hurt Pokémon. Simply place the block down on the ground and then tap on it to heal it.
- PokeCenter (23) – 7 iron ingots + 1 glass block + 1 redstone
This item can only be used on your own Pokémon. Tap on a Pokémon with the item and a window will show up displaying all different kind of information.
Some of the test will be in Spanish. As of now the mod only exists as a Spanish version, but in the future it’s highly likely an English version will exist as well.
- Pokedex (3000) – 2 iron ingots + 3 glass blocks + 4 redstones
Some of the items can be used for feeding your Pokémon and helping it to level up. At the time we reviewed this it didn’t work but as soon the bug is fixed we’ll make sure to update this part.
Neither of the items can be crafted at this point.
- Rare Candy (3001)
- Thunderstone (3002)
- Waterstone (3003)
- Moonstone (3004)
- Leafstone (3005)
- Firestone (3006)
- Duskstone (3007)
- Dawnstone (3008)
Other Item/Block ID
- Red Apricorns (3015)
- Black Apricorns (3019)
- Purple Apricorns (3018)
- Yellow Apricorns (3016)
- Pink Apricorns (3020)
- Blue Apricorn (3017)
- Red Bonguri (3009)
- Yellow Bonguri (3010)
- Blue Bonguri (3011)
- Black Bonguri (3013)
- Purple Bonguri (3012)
- Pink Bonguri (3014)
Difficult to install? Click here to watch a video tutorial!
- Use ES File Explorer (or any other file manager app) to extract the downloaded zip file.
- Copy the Pixelmon PE folder to /games/com.mojang/
- Open BlockLauncher and load the textures (Texture.zip).
- Then use BlockLauncher to install the mod (Pixelmon PE.js).