Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod for Minecraft 1.5.1/1.4.7Minecraft Mods [ April 26, 2013 at 11:50 AM ] 269,273 Views
This mod is a “mod of a mod” (original mod created by daxnitro:) that makes your Minecraft look simply unbelievably good! Take a gander
- 1. Download the latest version of the here Mod from
- 2. Read the filename of the GLSL Shaders Mod. Its name contains information about what version of Minecraft and should be used with it. “mc1.4.6″ means it is to be used with Minecraft version 1.4.6 (and 1.4.7 in this special case). “ofuD5″ means it is to be used with HD Ultra D5 (the “u” stands for “Ultra” and D5 corresponds to the version).
- 3. Download the correct version of this post that corresponds to the version of GLSL Shaders you just downloaded from
- 4. Put these mods in a place that you can recall later (like .minecraft/mods)
- 5. Download a shaderpack from the SHADERPACKS section above and put the zip file here: .minecraft\shaderpacks To access the .minecraft folder, press Start and type “%appdata%” (without quotations) and click the “Roaming” folder that appears. There you will find the .minecraft folder
- 6. Download . It is a very very useful tool that you will not regret downloading!
- 7. Run executable and click “Setup”
- 8. Click “New” at the top right to create a new Minecraft launch configuration and name it so you can keep track of it
- 9. Remove any mods already added to the list by selecting them and clicking “Remove” on the right
- 10. Click the “Add” button and select the zip file that you downloaded earlier
- 11. Click the “Add” button and select the GLSL Shaders Mod zip file that you downloaded earlier
- 12. Click “OK” once both OptiFine and GLSL Shaders mod have been added. Optionally test to make sure it works.
- 13. In the “Configuration” drop-down on the main screen of , select the configuration that you just created and launch it by clicking “Login”. If Minecraft does not start correctly, you didn’t match the versions of Minecraft, OptiFine, and GLSL Shaders Mod. Read step 2 for more information.
- 14. Once in the Minecraft main menu, click “Options” and then “Shaders” and select the shaderpack you downloaded before, then click “Done”. Shaderpacks work much like texturepacks in that you can install many and switch between them at any time.
- 15. Play the game! If you have some performance issues, read the “Tweaks” section below
1. Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
- Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
- Lower your render distance
- Set graphics to “fast”
- Toggle “Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:”. “ON” gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
If you are still struggling with fps, there are a few tweaks that you can make to the shaderpack you’re using with a text editor like “Notepad ++”.
Open shaderpack/shaders/composite.fsh in a text editor (Notepad makes it a jumbled mess, I recommend Notepad++ or Word Pad) and change /* SHADOWRES:2048 */ to a lower number like /* SHADOWRES:1024 */ or /* SHADOWRES:512 */
2. Open composite.fsh and disable SSAO by adding “//” to the beginning every line that starts with #define SSAO at the top of the file. The same can be done with #define SHADOW_FILTER which enables variable penumbra soft shadows
- Added water refraction and reflection
- Added specular highlight on water
- Variable penumbra soft shadows
- Revamped lighting system
- “HDR” variable exposure effect
- New sky and sun effects
- Atmospheric fog
- Lighting and tonemapping adjustments
For 1.5.1/1.4.7 (Beta v10 Rc 7 Ultra)
For 1.4.7 (Beta v10 Rc6)
Include Texture Pack:
For 1.2.5 v08
For 1.2.5 v09 shaders (only work for ATI users right now)
|Dynamic Shadows, GLSL Shaders, Minecraft 1.2.5, Minecraft 1.2.5 Mods, Minecraft 1.4.7, Minecraft 1.4.7 Mods, Minecraft 1.5.1, Minecraft 1.5.1 Mods|
|Do you like this post? Add to Favorites|