Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.7.10, 1.7.5, 1.7.4, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: sonicether | 682,379 views |
This mod is a “mod of a mod” (original mod created by daxnitro: GLSL Shaders) that makes your Minecraft look simply unbelievably good! Take a gander.
This mod adds a beautiful lighting effect to the game. This mod works in both SMP and SSP. The max frame rate you should expect to get is around 30fps. Don’t worry, it’s not your computer. Why is is a low FPS? Well, I think its an amazing rate to get considering that when it rains, all exposed surfaces get glossy just like in reality, how there are shadows that mimic the sun and moon patterns. yes that’s right, the moon gives of a soft glow that just gives the night, just that little cinematic effect.
How to install Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod:
- 1. Download and install GLSL Shaders Mod
- 2. Download a SEUS shaderpack
- 3. The .zip file that you download is in proper shaderpack format. Simply copy the .zip file to your .minecraft/shaderpacks folder.
- 4. Select the shaderpack you installed from the Options > Shaders menu in Minecraft.
The Shaders Mod requires a bit of configuration and knowledge to use properly. This mod is used to power “shaderpacks” and is useless without them.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders is the only officially supported shaderpack because it is developed in tandem with the Shaders Mod itself. Most, if not all, other shaderpacks out there are derived from my work. Use SEUS if you want the newest and most efficient shader technology. Scroll down to the Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders section of this post to download.
To use a shaderpack, follow these instructions:
- 1. Navigate to your .minecraft folder (google is your friend if you don’t know how to do this).
- 2. Create a new folder called shaderpacks (without capital letters).
- 3. Place the shaderpacks you wish to use in this directory.
- 4. Valid shaderpacks include .fsh and .vsh files that the Shaders Mod reads to tell your GPU what to do during runtime. These files must be in a folder named shaders within any shaderpack. Shaderpacks may either be uncompressed folders or .zip files.
- The following is an example of the file layout possibilities for the shaderpack Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders v10.0 Ultra
- .minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
- .minecraft/shaderpacks/SEUS v10.0 Ultra.zip/shaders/[.fsh and .vsh shader files here]
- If this layout is not respected, your installed shaderpacks will not work. This is the first thing you
- should check if your game looks like vanilla Minecraft.
- 5. In Minecraft, go to Options > Shaders. Here you will see a list of your currently installed shaderpacks. Select a shaderpack by clicking on it. Also, ensure that New block breaking is set to true.
- 6. Switching between some shaderpacks will cause errors. This is something that I am working on. In order to get rid of these errors, simply restart Minecraft.
Once the mod is properly installed, there are a few things you can do to ensure maximum performance.
- Run the game in a smaller resolution in full-screen
- Lower your render distance. SEUS is optimized for “Short + 16″.
- Toggle “Options > Video Settings > Performance > Smooth FPS:”. “ON” gives more responsive input and more steady fps, but likely lower maximum FPS.
Sonic Ether’s Unbelievable Shaders Mod Download Links:
For 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2