Staircase – Horror Map
Map types: HorrorLast Updated: August 11, 2013 ❘ Category: Minecraft Maps ❘ 36,546 views
This is a map based on the popular horror game called ‘Never-ending Staircase’. It utilizes the new command block/resource pack features in 1.6.2 in order to create a spectral ambiance and scary experience.
It contains jump scares, background music, custom sounds and textures.
- Open up %appdata%, if you don’t know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
- Browse to .minecraft/saves
- Drag and drop the Staircase Horror Map FOLDER into saves.
- Now browse to .minecraft/resourcepacks
- Drag and drop Staircase Resource Pack.zip into the resourcepacks folder.
- Run Minecraft 1.6.2, go to settings, click resource packs, and select Staircase Resource Pack.
- Now load the map, and enjoy!
- Now supports up to 4 players
- Increased spawn pad to hopefully eliminate spawn problems
- Added a timer that tells you how long the map took you (experimental, might not be accurate)
- Completely fixed song looping, wont be any problems now
- Fixed all tp issues at the end
- Made particle textures transparent
- Clears inventory periodically to prevent cheating
- Recalibrated jumpscares
- Slower timers so far less lag