- Overhauls the underground experience with Underground Biomes that define the rock types and ores present.
- These biomes occur differently to the surface biomes making exploration underground more interesting.
- Adds 57 new blocks using 12 block IDs and 1 new item (so far):
- 8 types of Igneous rock with Cobblestone and Bricks.
- 8 types of Metamorphic rock with Cobblestone and Bricks.
- Half slabs for all Brick types
- 8 types of sedimentary rock.
- A coal storage block
- Lignite, a low quality coal found in large quantities
- All Vanilla recipes updated to use new rock, cobble and brick types.
- A very rare drop of lapis lazuli and redstone from deep metamorphic stone
- A very rare drop of gold and other mod metal nuggets from deep igneous stone
- A rare drop of fossils (from limestone, chalk, siltstone, lignite and dolomite), flint items (from chert) and clay (from shale)
These rocks mainly occur in layers called strata. They cannot currently be made into bricks or cobblestone and in the future they will have more uses
These volcanic rocks can be found in large quantities and make up most of the rock found in certain areas. They drop igneous cobblestone when mined. They can be crafted into bricks
These rocks are formed by heat and pressure underground and make up the rest of the landscape where igneous rocks do not occur. They drop metamorphic cobblestone when mined and can be crafted into bricks.
Anthracite and Lignite:
Anthracite is a very pure form of coal. It can be made by crafting four peices of coal and burns for 32 items. Lignite is an item dropped from lignite rock. It is a very impure form of coal and burns for 1 item in a furnace. It can be found in large deposits.
How to install Underground Biomes Mod for Minecraft:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Underground Biomes Mod
- Put the contents of the ‘Add contents to mods folder’ folder into your mods folder in the minecraft directory
Older versions:Exterminator Jeff