Zombie Awareness Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: Corosus | 83,589 views |
Enables unlimited range pathfinding on entities. Adds Enhanced sight, smell and sound senses to entities, you bleed, they find you, you makes lots of noises, they find you.
Smarter more aware zombies (and skeletons), they track you down via blood scent, sound, and light source awareness, config lets you pick and choose what features to have.
- Blood scents: You spill blood if you get hurt, and if low health you bleed out once in a while
- Sound sources: Mining for blocks will alert other zombies of your position
- Light sources: Zombies can see exposed light sources from super far away, and will come to investigate if they have line of sight
- Night surface spawning: More zombies spawn in groups at night, causes random invasions
- Long distant waypoints: Mobs will gather up together and wander the terrain in large groups randomly
- Randomly faster zombies: Zombies are given a small buff in speed to add more unpredictableness
Hostile monsters have been given the ability to smell blood that the player spills, and even hear the players activities depending on how loud and frequent it is. If they sense it, they will find you.
Mining in caves has a whole new challenge to it with this, be carefull not to get cornered when busy making all that noise mining those much needed materials, always plan an escape route.
Full Feature List:
Optional extra senses
- When Blood scents are dropped, they slowly decay in strength until gone, causing hostiles to pathfind to the stronger scents, where you might be.
- When the player is hurt, he spills blood onto the ground.
- When the player is below 60% health, he bleeds every 30 seconds leaving a fresh scent, so be sure to keep healthy. (visual indicator coming soon)
For distractions, you can kill an animal which spills blood on death, giving you a better chance to get away to safety or to clear an opening to a cave.
- Scent usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius.
- When pretty much anything near the player makes a sound, there is a chance that a hostile within about 16 blocks might hear it.
- Sounds traces are amplified and are heard from farther away if they are very frequent. So a lot of arrows landing or fighting off a lot of monsters will attract company fairly soon, better relocate.
- Sound usage and strength is customizable, strength defaults at 100% of a 64 block radius. (19 blocks)
- Customizable sight awareness range.
- Option for X-Ray Sight targeting.
Option to have hostiles lose their target based on range and line of sight, or to never loses target.
- Option for Omnipotent auto player targeting.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Extract zip file.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Copy the contents of the folder inside into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
- Updated to MC 1.7.2 / 1.7.10, this does not contain the planned replacement of EntityScents to pure data just yet