DirectionHUD Mod 1.8/1.7.10Compatible with Minecraft: 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | 174,320 views |
Want to know what magnetic direction you are facing without installing fancy maps or trying to figure it out from the Debug GUI?
DirectionHUD is for you!
DirectionHUD displays your magnetic compass heading at the top of your screen.
- Just a simple compass display
- Configurable alignment on your screen
- X and y offset options
- Multiple styles to choose from
- Add your own style to the default png or make a custom png file
- Version update checking (never miss an update)
- Use the command /directionhud config to open the in-game config GUI!
Setting up custom compass styles:
By default 4 compass styles are provided (up to 10 will fit in the image file):
The indices start at 0 (the top compass is index 0). In the default image file the second and fourth styles are clear with white lettering (hard to see above). If you want to edit the PNG file (/gui/compass.png) to add your own styles, just copy one of the existing styles, paste it below the others, and edit it as you see fit. Each stye is 24 pixels tall (2 rows X 12 pixels) and 192 pixels wide. Currently the size of the compass HUD is locked to 65×12 (meaning that you will only see 65×12 on your in-game screen), but I plan to add configurable sizing in the future.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install BspkrsCore.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
DirectionHUD Mod Download Links: