Advanced Thaumaturgy Mod
Author: LycaonX ❘ June 2, 2014 ❘ 29,633 views
Advanced Thaumaturgy has become a sort of “Extra Utilities” for Thaumcraft. The main points of Advanced Thaumaturgy are the Mercurial Wand rod and it’s upgrade crystals. It is a rod whose capacity ranges from 500-1000, depending on which Thaumcraft addons you have installed. It, like any other wand rod, can accept essentially any cap, but it’s interesting feature is that it is upgradable with several different types of upgrade crystals, ranging from vis recharge to infusion stabilization (without requiring 200 candles littering your altar). This can result in a seriously powerful wand that incorporates the capabilities of several standard wands.
- Fertilizer: Functioning much like a lamp of growth, the fertilizer keeps a very large area of farmland watered without requiring a water source nearby, and also randomly fertilizes most plants in it’s area. It also causes plants that don’t normally self spread to do so (mushrooms, flowers, lily pads).
- Node Modifer: Allows you to manipulate a jarred aura node in a variety of ways, from rescuing a fading or pale mode, to cultivating a hungry node for sinister and devious purposes.
- Essentia Engine: Accepts some types of essentia via pipes and converts it into Buildcraft Energy at an output rate of 10eu/t. Future support for RF, possibly other forms of energy.
- Ethereal Jar: With the advent of many mods (AT being the first) that require large amounts of essentia for infusions, the Ethereal Jar provides a more compact storage option for essentia without quite crossing the ‘ridiculously stupid’ capacity of other mods.
- Microlith: Derived from the massive obellisks seen in some worlds, and to a lesser extent, in the Overworld, the Microlith is a base that, when affixed with a special crystal, performs a myriad of functions, akin to the Seals previously available in Thaumcraft 2/3.
- Altar Deployer (Creative Only) – A block that, when placed in the world and activated with a wand, sets up an infusion altar, complete with 12 pedestals and a 8×8 layer of candles buried under the altar for stability.
- Mercurial Rod: Provides a wand rod with a capacity of 500-1000 vis.
- Mercurial Wand: Any wand which uses the Mercurial Core as it’s base; upgradable with many types of crystals.
- Arcane Crystal: The basis for the Mercurial Wand upgrades as well as the crystals for the Microlith.
- Oculus Solis (no texture): A bauble that provides ambient lighting around the player.
- Sash of Altivolus (no texture): A bauble that replaces the functionality of the Thaumostatic Harness, providing the ability to fly without requiring constant jar swapping. Quite expensive to make, but pays for itself in the long run by reducing fall deaths from not paying attention to potentia levels, as well as reducing aggravation inherent in the unequip, open, remove, replace, and re-equip process involved with the Harness.
- Endstone Chunk: A basic, unfired glob of endstone, shard, and emerald essence. Used to directly produce Arcane Crystals.
- Focus: Void Cage (WIP, no recipe): Allows you to cage a mob in a pocket void for transport.
- Aerosphere (WIP, no recipe): An item that, while held, creates a slightly lit bubble of air around you, allowing you to safely walk along the ocean floor (or under any other liquid).
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Thaumcraft Mod.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.