CraftGuide Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2/1.6.4/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: Uristqwerty | 381,476 views |
What is CraftGuide Mod?
CraftGuide: Quick access to a list of every crafting recipe in the game!
It was created as a result of how useful Risugami’s RecipeBook is, but how quickly it became a hassle to navigate once you have a hundred pages at the time. RecipeBook has improved greatly since then, though. (In my opinion, the single greatest change was the addition of the scroll wheel as a way to navigate quickly)
To create your own, just place a crafting table in the centre of a crafting grid, put a piece of paper in each corner, and fill in the edges with four books. There is also a keybind to open it without needing an item (defaults to G), which works even if you are playing on a server that doesn’t have it installed (note: there isn’t a server version at all right now).
Other useful features include small recipes as well as shapeless recipes having a visually distinct bsckground. Additionally, you can click on an item in a recipe to filter the displayed recipes so that only ones that require or produce that item will be shown (In this case, books). Use the clear button to go back to seeing them all.
One of the more recent features is a searchable list of items, to quickly filter out unrelated recipes.
Just right click while holding it, to see every crafting recipe in the game.
To navigate the list, you have a few options:
- The scroll bar: Just click on the slider, and drag it up or down to quickly scroll through the list.
- The up/down buttons: Quickly navigate one or ten pages at a time with the buttons above and below the scroll bar.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Arrow keys, page up, page down, home, and end can all be used if you prefer a keyboard over a mouse. Up/Down arrow keys scroll one line at a time, Left/Right and Page up/Page down go by pages, and Home/End can be used to immediately jump to the start or end of the list.
- Mouse wheel: If you have one, just spin it to immediately scroll the list! Number of lines scrolled can be configured to suit your preferences.
- -Shift: Holding shift while scrolling will multiply the movement by ten!
At the end of the list, you will also find furnace recipes! Only ones that work in a regular furnace, though, and not any special furnace types added by a mod that specifically have their own separate set of recipes, unfortunately.
Some items show a * over the top right corner. That means that it will accept any variation of that item (for example, wool colour or tool damage). Others, with a small F in the top left, represent things in the Forge ore dictionary, which allows mods to use items like copper and tin in their crafting recipes, and have the recipes accept similar resources from *other* mods. A more technical description is that items that show the * accept anything with a specific item ID, even if the data values are different, while ones that show an F accept any specific items that different mods have declared interchangable (each of which may or may not accept any data value).
At the bottom left corner, there is a small triangle. Clicking and dragging it will allow you to resize the entire GUI. This is especially useful if you have a lot of space around the edges, allowing you to see often four or more columns of recipes at once.
CraftGuide Mod Video:
How to install CraftGuide Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge or Liteloader
- Download the mod
- Place the downloaded .zip or .litemod file into .minecraft/mods/
- A Bug fix
- Now also has LiteLoader version
CraftGuide Mod Download Links: