Author: tippyfoo ❘ July 14, 2013 ❘ 44,687 views
Are your chests full of redstone again? Do you want tools better than diamond tools without getting a huge mod?
Well, E-Tools (Energy Tools) are the tools for you! This small minecraft mod features five new items that implement the basic tool types, but with special abilities that can burn off that redstone.
By default, all E-Tools have the same effectiveness and durability as diamond tools. When they run out of durability, they become defective (same stats as iron, but with infinite durability) instead of breaking. Defective tools can be upgraded back into E-Tools by using a repair recipe. Depending on the settings you have assigned the tools using the ETData.txt config file, the recipe may be either a single redstone block or eight redstone blocks. Furthermore, depending on the same setting, tools may be repairable on an anvil with either redstone dust or a redstone block.
Also, they have the following abilities that use redstone dust (right click to use):
- Energy Blade (sword): sets ground on fire – uses 1 red stone; sets enemies on fire on attack – uses no red stone
- Air Blaster (shovel): destroys a 3x3x3 cube of dirt, sand, or gravel – uses 2 red stone
- Drill (pickaxe): Instantly destroys a single block of rock material (stone, ore, etc.) or dirt/sand/gravel – uses 1 red stone (can destroy bedrock)
- Chainsaw(axe): instantly destroys a single block of wooden material; destroys log blocks above a destroyed log block (cuts down trees) – 1 redstone
- Tiller (hoe): fertilizes/tills a 3×3 area of dirt/grass – 0 redstone; destroys a 3x3x3 cube of leaves/plants/vines – 1 redstone
- Repeater (bow): instantly fires a fully charged arrow – 1 redstone
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download E-Tools Mod
- Extract all files from E-Tools Mod zip file into .minecraft/versions/(forge_version)/(forge_version).jar
To use ETToolData.txt:
- If ETToolData.txt does not exist, start Minecraft to create ETToolData.txt
- Alter specified data values within ETToolData.txt (in .minecraft/config folder) as you would like
- Restart minecraft
- Added the repeater (subclass of bow, instantly fires fully-powered arrow) – to see previous change logs, visit the PMC page – finished code for armors