Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod
Author: Mine_and_Blade_Admin ❘ October 3, 2013 ❘ 100,208 views
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod Introduction:
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 is a recreation of the popular combat mod for minecraft currently in development. The mod focuses on:
- Providing players with interesting and balanced combat features, including:
- New weapons
- Dual wielding of weapons
- A shielding mechanic
- Open source, meaning anyone is free to add to the code base
- The source code is available on github. Feel free to contribute or just have a poke around.
This release has been codenamed “Warcry”
This release includes:
- The new battlemode system
- This will allow dual weiling of a small subset of items (mainly weapons)
- Shields block all incoming damage from the front 120degree arc when in use. Beware they can only be in use for a limited amount of time.
- New Weapons
- New weapons include the Waraxe, Mace, Dagger and Spear
Weapon System / Dual Wielding
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a new weapon system to minecraft. This system will allow the player to have up to 3 weapons sets available to them that can be switched to using the ‘R’ key. The system allows the player to specify a mainhand and an offhand weapon (so allows select dual wielding).
By default any weapon can be placed into the weapon system and any weapon without a special right click function can be dual wielded. The mod will also scan though items for weapons added by mods. For further mod support there is an API (check the github repository)
Items are placed in the weapon system in a new GUI bound to the ‘I’ key
When dual wielding, the left mouse button will attack with the mainhand (right) weapon and the right mouse button will attack with the offhand weapon (left) or block with the shield
Mine and Blade 2 introduces a shielding mechanic different to the normal sword block. Blocking with a shield will reduce all blockable damage taken from the front 120 degree arc. However a player cannot block indefinably as there is a stamina bar that appears above the normal minecraft health/armour icons.
Shields are crafted as follows
When struck by an arrow, the arrow will appear in the shield. Arrows can be retrieved by placing the shield by itself in the crafting matrix (the arrows will be added to your inventory when you retrieve the shield)
A shield bash can be preformed by pressing the ‘Z’ key. This will cause any mob in front of you to be knocked back. Using a shield bash will cause you to loose a third of your stamina bar and render you unable to attack for 1/2 a second.
Weapons & Armour
Although the waraxe does less damage to unarmoured foes than the sword, it is more able to penatrate armoured foes.
The mace’s blunt surface is perfect for dazing enemies
The spear is the weapon for those who would rather poke their enemy from a distance
The dagger is a quick weapon with lower damage than the sword
Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 introduces a new way of obtaining chainmail armour. 3 chain links can be obtained by placing 2 iron ingots in a vertical arrangement in a crafting grid. Chain links can then be used to make chainmail armour
How to install Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar file into the .minecraft/mods folder. If one does not exist you can create one.
- Updated to minecraft 1.6.4
- Minecraft forge 18.104.22.1680 or higher is nor a requirement
- Bugs Fixed
- Fixed a crash with minecraft forge 850 & higher
- Fixed a visual bug that would case the bow to reset it’s animation every 3 seconds
Mine and Blade: Battlegear 2 – Warcry Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.6.2