Minecraft 1.11 Snapshot 16w42a
Author: Mojang Team ❘ October 22, 2016 ❘ 1,344 views
It’s snapshot time again! As before, this version focuses heavily on bugfixes and other oddities, paving the way for a smooth release.
- Replaced Beds with Herobrine
- Replaced Llamas with Herobrine
- Replaced Carrots with Herobrine
- Removed Beds, Llamas, and Carrots
- Replaced Beds, Llamas, and Carrots with non-haunted original versions
- Maps stop updating after going through nether portal / Map update packets ignored by client
- Two players going down a ladder at the same time makes them stuck or go up
- (Splash) harming and healing potion still applys effect even if it’s specified not to.
- Boat riding on an entity riding on an entity
- help command not suggesting tab completion when executed from other entity
- Explosion impulse on non-living entities is not attenuated by power, distance, or obstructions
- Can place Grass Path at “invalid” locations
- Memory usage graph of server GUI not drawing
- Shot arrow loses its critical state after reloading
- Item name shown in /give command feedback has no hoverEvent
- No play placed sound and subtitles, when placing blocks on cake
- Witches that spawn in witch huts don’t have PersistenceRequired set to 1
- Skeletons and wither skeletons can spawn anywhere in the Nether
- The corners of the offhand hotbar slot have transparent textures
- Illagers and Vexes not randomly looking at player when not aggressed
- Thorns enchantment has no effect on Vexes
- When giving yourself items with negative durability, the game crashes.
- Can’t trade with villagers while holding a spawn egg
- Elder Guardians spawned from spawn egg / command do not have full health
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Server: Download from Server 1