Minecraft 1.4.3 Pre-release Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ November 2, 2012 ❘ 3,267 views
Since the release of the Pretty Scary Update we’ve been super-busy trying to fix as many reported issues as possible. We’ve now reached the point where we’ve fixed so many that we spend more and more time wondering “haven’t we fixed that already?” and “I wonder if this will break anything else…” In other words, it’s time to look forward to a new official update!
The changes since 1.4.2 is:
- Over 100 issues fixed, full list here: 1.4.3 issue list
- Notable: The missing song “where are we now” is now available, but called “wait”
- Notable: Random falling damage due to lag fixed
- Notable: Falling damage when riding minecarts fixed
- Notable: Enchanted book exploit fixed
- Notable: Slimes have correct collision box
- Notable: Signs no longer lose their text client-side
If nothing serious happens, we intend to release 1.4.3 next Wednesday.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.