Minecraft 1.4.5 Pre-release Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ November 16, 2012 ❘ 18,500 views
Not content to leave bugs unfixed, Mojang has already sent out the 1.4.5 Pre-Release! This in’t a required download for anyone still playing 1.4.4, it is meant to address issues with LAN servers.
A number of SMP related issues were addressed here – crashing when entering certain servers, baby villagers only being farmers, and issues with spawning baby wolves, among others. Remember, if you aren’t having trouble with 1.4.4, you can continue playing with it normally – however, if you want to update to the 1.4.5 PR client, don’t fear! The 1.4.5 Pre-Release client should be able to connect to any 1.4.4 servers without any trouble at all.
- Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
- Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.