Minecraft 1.4.7 Pre-release is out
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ December 29, 2012 ❘ 10,173 views
This release is compatible with 1.4.6 and has almost no bytecode changes, so mods that have been updated for 1.4.6 should work in 1.4.7 too. The only affected file is the one called “qz”, which is the arrow projectile’s class. This also means that 1.4.6 clients can play on 1.4.7 servers, and 1.4.7 clients on 1.4.6 servers… so we’ll wait until after New Year’s Eve before we publish it in the launcher. Download the pre-release if you want these problems fixed before then!
The fixes are:
- Fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers
- Fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star
- Fixed long timeout when checking SRV records
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.