Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2
Author: Mojang Team ❘ February 19, 2016 ❘ 3,730 views
Minecraft 1.9 Pre-Release 2 is now available. It is time to stop waiting and start playing.
Bugs fixed in 1.9-pre2:
- Wrong NBT TAG Type for fallTime in FallingSand Entities
- Sounds loop/restart when exiting screens
- Portals not placing the player at correct coordinates
- Mob Spawner is overwriting (ignoring?) Pos[x,y,z] data of entity
- Skeletons with no AI spawning naturally
- /playsound command doesn’t work with selectors not resolving to exactly one entity
- Bugs fixed
- Increased durability of shields
- Some crystals in the end are protected by cages again
- Added 34.7% more hype for Minecraft 1.9
To get pre-releases, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “pre-releases” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.9-pre2/minecraft_server.1.9-pre2.jar