Minecraft Snapshot 12w50a Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ December 13, 2012 ❘ 4,937 views
Snapshot week 50!
We’re looking to do a 1.4.6 before Christmas, with the normal pre-release a few days ahead. Monday maybe? Anyway, changes since last week:
- Tweaked fireworks effect and sounds
- Item entities are rendered as 3d objects in the world
- Corrected how enchanted books work, and added them to villagers and chests
- Added “thorns” enchantment
- Added tool highlight when switching items in the hotbar
- Added a notice/warning for users still playing on PowerPCs or Java 5 (Java 1.5)
- Various bug fixes
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.