Real Filing Cabinet Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2
Author: bafomdad ❘ 2 weeks ago ❘ 2,831 views
Real Filing Cabinet Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 is a storage mod with a varying amount of usefulness and resourcefulness. Unlike many other storage mods, it does not offer a solution to storing many, many different things. But what it can store, will be able to store it in large amounts, to the point of limitless storage.
The Filing Cabinet:
- The filing cabinet block itself is simple to make. It has 8 inventory slots to store things in, but they accept only filing folders that have things inside of them. You can open and close the cabinet with an empty hand. Right-clicking with a (non empty) folder will store it in the filing cabinet. Shift-rightclicking an open cabinet with an empty hand will take a folder out of it.
- If you’re looking at the N/S/W/E sides of a cabinet while it is open, and you are crouching, it will let you extract a folder from the slot you’re looking at, which depends on where you are looking. Taking a folder from the top or bottom side of the filing cabinet will use the old behavior.
- The filing cabinet can be broken with any pickaxe, and it will keep its contents so you can carry it around. Portable! Also any existing upgrades on them will drop as a separate item.
- A filing cabinet will only accept filing folders when it is opened. You can insert valid items/blocks into the cabinet at any time as long as it’s holding a folder that accepts that item. Item extraction from a filing cabinet is possible by adding a filter onto it via item frame above the block facing the same way. If you know your JABBA and Storage Drawers, you know how to store and retrieve items. Automation will follow the rules of this filter too. Item Filter setup is below:
By setting it up this way, you can make item extractions possible, manually and automatically. Make sure the item frame is facing the same direction as the filing cabinet is. An empty item frame means nothing will be extracted from the cabinet at all.
The Basic Items:
- Magnifying Glass: Will show you the contents of a filing cabinet containing filing folders. Also useful for removing upgrades with. If you have WAILA or The One Probe installed, you can use those to display the contents instead and disable that function for the magnifying glass in config.
- Whiteout Tape: Will wipe the information from a folder that contains 0 items or blocks; emptying them for re-use.
- Master Key: Used to lock your filing cabinets with. Other players will be unable to extract/insert or open/close your filing cabinets.
- Key Copy: Right-clicking your locked filing cabinets with this will create a “copy” of your master key. Giving this key to other players will let them modify your filing cabinets as long as they have it in their inventory. They still cannot unlock your filing cabinets, like the Master Key can.
- Filter: An arrow shaped item you can place in an item frame above your filing cabinets. Depending on the item’s rotation in the frame, it will let you extract from the slot it is “pointing” at. Default rotation will point at slot 0. If it’s pointing straight down; slot 4, and so on.
The Filing Folders:
The heart of the mod; folders you can carry around or store in the cabinets themselves. They are able to carry more items or blocks than you will practically need. There are 3 different folders you can craft that have different functions:
- Filing Folder: This is a normal filing folder. It will only accept items and blocks that can stack together. Items that can be damaged/repaired cannot be accepted into it. Shapelessly craft the empty folder with an item/block to return a filing folder that can be stored in a filing cabinet.
- Durability Folder: This is the opposite of the previous folder. It can store items that can be damaged/repaired. So armor/tools/weapons can be stored in it. Shapelessly craft an undamaged item with the durability folder. After that, it can accept damaged items of the same type into it. Any more damaged items that go into the folder will merge with the other damaged items, repairing it as if it was shapelessly repaired in the vanilla crafting window.
- Mob Folder: After crafting the empty mob folder, rightclicking any non-boss/non-child mob with it will draw them into the folder, creating a new mob storage folder storing that mob. Clicking again on a block will release that mob.
- Fluid Folder: Rightclick any fluid that is placed into the world with this to get a folder with that fluid stored in it. The placing and picking up of the fluids are separated with a toggle on the folder. You can left-click while crouching to toggle it.
- Mystery Folder: Added as a worldgen feature and is uncraftable. This folder can be found in your classic dungeon loot chests, and also in the new wooden mansion’s chests. To make use of it, simply rightclick while holding it to get a regular filing folder with a random item/block stored in it.
Even a filing cabinet without a practical storage limit can have upgrades too! Rightclicking a cabinet while holding an upgrade will set them to that upgrade. Remove an upgrade from the filing cabinet by shift+leftclicking it with a Magnifying Glass. Filing cabinets that already have an upgrade will not accept another, with one exception. Here are some of their abilities:
- Creative Upgrade: Obtainable only in creative mode. Allows for infinite item extraction from any folder stored in it. This is the only upgrade that can be applied to any filing cabinet that do or do not have an upgrade already applied.
- Crafting Upgrade: Setting this upgrade will make the cabinet try to autocraft an item that is in the Item Filter. The crafting ingredients to autocraft an item must be provided by the folders that contain those ingredients.
- Ender Upgrade: Is functionally the same as a normal filing cabinet, with one difference: Once applied, you cannot modify the contents of the filing cabinet (until you remove the upgrade to be able to do so again). Any folders you take out of the filing cabinet are simply copies of it, and what that folder copy can do is keep its contents synced with the filing cabinet it was taken from.
- OreDict Upgrade: Gives the filing cabinet oredictionary capabilities once applied. A folder containing Oak Wood will accept Spruce Planks, and Tin ingots from a mod will accept Tin ingots from another mod, and so on. This can work the other way, using the Item Filter.
- Mob Upgrade: Applying this to a filing folder will have it behave differently depending on what mob is colliding with it. If a mob collides with the filing cabinet and it contains a Mob Folder that can store that mob, the mob will disappear, being sucked into the folder automatically. This upgrade does not do anything different for folders that aren’t Mob Folders.
- Fluid Upgrade: Apply this to a filing cabinet to make it behave as if it were a fluid tank, allowing the piping of fluids in and out of the cabinet. The extraction filter setup is similar to the setup for items: Just put a bucket with a fluid in it in the item frame to set the filter to only extract that fluid when it is present. To extract manually, hit the filing cabinet with an empty bucket, and it’ll try to fill that bucket with the fluid.
- Life Upgrade: Apply this upgrade to a filing cabinet and it shall sprout arms and feet. Its default behavior will have it try to collect nearby dropped items if it can store them. By applying either the Mob Upgrade or the Fluid Upgrade to the filing cabinet entity, it will then try to collect either mobs or fluids if it can store them, respectively. To remove an upgrade from it, smack it with a magnifying glass while crouching. To turn it back into a regular filing cabinet, smack it the same way when it has no upgrades. When this filing cabinet mob is created, it has a home point it will try to move back to if it wanders too far away. If you locked the cabinet beforehand, you will become that home point, and it will follow you!
How to install Real Filing Cabinet Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Real Filing Cabinet Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11
For Minecraft 1.11.2