Author: TyronX ❘ March 6, 2015 ❘ 26,586 views
Back to the golden days of exploration. Missing Beta 1.7 Terrain Generation? No incentives to explore anymore? All the new biomes kinda look the same? No more rare items anymore? VintageCraft aims to remedy all of that! The plan is to produce a full conversion mod similar to TerraFirmaCraft, but not as survivalistic. Also more Nature.
- More realistic generations, biomes are not a thing anymore (instead an area is characterized by temperature, humidity, and altitude, allowing for nearly infinite amount of “biomes”).
- Trees no longer are boringly structured, they are generated realistically, using a geometric principle real trees are using – allowing for dynamic shapes that vary based on the area they grow in.
- Caves are much more interesting, less “tacked on” feeling. The generation of the world will also not be flat, there will be less oceans and in general it will be more like real life in the way things look (with all of the beautiful structures nature creates).
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
For Minecraft 1.8