Butterfly Mania Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: TyronX | 26,120 views |
What is Butterfly Mania?
This butterfly mod currently contains 60 unique butterflies species, where 90% of them are based on real life butterflies and around 10% are purely minecraft related.
- Over 150 unique Butterflies with very diverse spawning and behavior.
- Collect and Decorate your Home: Build yourself a butterfly house or hang your catches on the wall as trophies.
- Semi-Intelligent Behaviors: Butterflies wander around, feed, camp, sleep, hide from rain, dance around glowstone & jack’o’lanterns in the night, chase one another and flee from players (with different chances)
- Catalog your Catches: Collect data on the Butterflies you caught with the Butterfly Encyclopedia and share it with your friends in Multiplayer
- Research spawning grounds: Examine dead butterflies with a magnifying glass to reveal some information of where still undiscovered butterflies might spawn
- Read & Learn: The Encyclopedia also contains a lot of real life information on each butterfly, just click the right arrow button on one.
- Go to Butterfly Mania Mod page
- Go to Butterfly Mania Mod imgur page
Catch butterflies with a Net:
Caught dead Butterflies can be turned into paintings (frame types: Wooden, Lapis, Iron):
Keep a Jar in your inventory to catch butterflies alive. Gold and Iron Jars break the fastest, Diamond Jars last the longest.
Catch a Cabbage White, a Common Brimstone, a Comma, a Green Hairstreak, an Atlas Moth and a Peacock together with a feather, and ink sac and a book to make a butterfly encyclopedia where you can collect data on the butterflies you caught.
When you right click the Encyclopedia it opens up an Index of all the butterflies you’ve caught so far. Click on a Butterfly for details. Please note that butterflies get only added to your encyclopedia when you’ve crafted the book yourself (not from creative inventory, only then it will display your Name as author in the Tooltip) and only by naturally spawned butterflies (not from the Jar)
For the researching you need first of all a magnifying glass
Then you are ready to do some serious studies and bring it on paper! (Use any butterfly)
Now right click on your findings paper and you might get something like this.
Butterfly research will give you 1, 2 or 3 Fragments of Butterfly spawning data, but only from not yet discovered butterflies of the same family and same or one higher rarity of the butterfly you have studied on your crafting bench (in the upper screenshot, a yellow pansy was studied)
Hint: You can also make a present to your friends and give them high quality findings papers that you find. Getting 3 Fragments at once is quite rare.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
- Increased the render distance of butterflies by 50%, this should make it a bit easier to find new butterflies
Butterfly Mania Mod Download Links:
Older versions:Butterfly Mania Mod 1.6.4/1.5.2,