Cephrus’s Solar Apocalypse Mod
Author: Cephrus ❘ November 17, 2014 ❘ 33,912 views
Can you give up building elaborate mansions on the surface? Can you give up exploring and marveling at the terrain you just found? Can you give up easy access to the cows, sheep, and pigs that wander your world? If so, then this is the mod for you.
When you are ready, craft up Pandora’s Chest out of 8 wood blocks, right click it and watch as the horror unfolds.
The Sun Sensor will detect when the sun is gone and there is only moonlight. It will then emit a redstone signal.
Obsidian Glass, Reinforced Glass and Nether Glass will protect entities under them from the heat of the sun. It also acts as a very decorative block. ToDo: Next update, glass will have durability and will break over time from exposure. Each tier of glass has a higher durability (Nether Glass having infinite durability)
This is how the Apocalypse will play out.
- Stage 1: Nothing happens, just a regular minecraft day.
- Stage 2: Grass changes to dirt, plants disappear.
- Stage 3: Flammable objects are set alight, all entities will burn when in direct sunlight.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod
- Go to %appdata%
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it
- If one does not exist you can create one
- Enjoy the mod