Adds more rods, fish, boats, and more!
This mod is designed to increase the variety of fish as well as further develop the fishing in Minecraft. Currently this mod adds 9 new fish
Pay very close attention to this section, as it will give you clues on where to fish.
Each type of fish has a different behavior relative to minecraft biomes and objects. Catfish tend to hang around in shaded, shallow regions of swamps, but sometimes come out during rainy days. Salmon are found roaming rivers of mild-temperature areas. Bluegills are found commonly in swamps, and Carp are found commonly… well, everywhere. The rarest of the fish are the Suckerfish, which are found near weedy river banks. Bass are found in mild-temperature rivers, but are only caught with worms. Pike are found in humid rivers, and are caught by using Bluegills as bait.
Yellowfin and Bluefin Tuna, currently the only deep sea fish, are caught by using Bluegills as bait.
Squid now only spawn in Ocean biomes.
If you have the Lots of Food mod installed, you can also catch the fish added by that mod, shown below….
You can catch Sole by beaches. Tropical Salmon are known to stay by beaches as well, but only bite when worms are used as bait. Hake are caught in the ocean when using Bluegill as bait. Trout swim in mild-temperature rivers and are caught only with worms. And lastly, Golden Fish can be found deep within the cave systems and have an extremely rare chance of biting. They also bite only when worms are on the hook.
The player has a chance of catching a disease if eating raw fish. You must cook the fish or fish meat to receive full hp benefits. Eating a raw or cooked fish will also produce fish bones, which you can craft into bonemeal.
- Yellowfin Tuna
- Bluefin Tuna
- Small Piranha
- Peacock Bass
- Wooden Fishing Rod (replaces the vanilla fishing rod)
- Reinforced Fishing Rod (twice as strong as wooden fishing rod)
Deep Sea Fish:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Fishing Craft Mod zip file
- Put Fishing Craft Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
- Added goldfish, which have a chance of being caught in swamps when using frog eggs as bait.
- Added red-bellied piranha and peacock bass, which can be caught in the jungle.
- Added fish morsels as bait, which can be crafted from tuna strips.
- Added frog eggs as bait, which can be collected from weeds.
- Added a new underwater weed block, which spawns in rivers and swamps.
- Finished the fishing rod mechanisms, allowing baited fishing rods to take damage.
- Fixed an issue where you could not bait damaged rods
Other / Minor Additions:
- Rewrote multiple class files for organization purposes.
- Moved the fishing location of pike to tundra rivers.
- Added the tool breaking sound when the wooden rod snaps.
- You can now see what bait is on your hook when you cast your rod.
- New textures.
- If there is no fish to catch in an area, the bobber will not bob (Before this change only a carp would bite where other fish didn’t).
- Moved the fishing location of carp to forests.
- Added the ability to see what bait is on your rod by hovering the mouse over the item.
- Temporarily removed Lots Of Food compatibility.
- Added mcmod.info file.
- Almost all fish require bait now.
- Removed Squid fix.