Minecraft 1.4.4 Official Download and Changelogs
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ November 14, 2012 ❘ 12,838 views
Minecraft for Windows
Download Minecraft.exe (270 KB). Place it anywhere you want, then run it.
Minecraft for Mac OS X
Download Minecraft.zip (270 KB). Unpack and place Minecraft in your /Applications folder.
Minecraft for Linux / Other
Download minecraft.jar (89 KB). The jar is executable and might work as-is. If you run into memory issues, try launching it with java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame, also please use Sun’s JVM.
If you’re running on Windows and just want to set up a server easily, download Minecraft_Server.exe (802 KB) and run it.
If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it’s a bit more involvedFirst make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.jar (621 KB) with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui.
Minecraft 1.4.4 Changelogs:
(Includes Minecraft 1.4.3)
- Over 120 bugs and glitches fixed
- Notable: The missing song “where are we now” is now available, but called “wait”
- Notable: Random falling damage due to lag fixed
- Notable: Falling damage when riding minecarts fixed
- Notable: Enchanted book exploit fixed
- Notable: Slimes have correct collision box
- Notable: Signs no longer lose their text client-side
- Server IPs can now be hidden individually when editing or adding a server
- Server version is now displayed left of the connection bars
- Server ping tooltip now shows if the server and client have mismatching protocol versions
- Mismatching servers can’t be joined
- Renamed Chat Settings to Multiplayer Settings
- Added an option for cape-owners to hide their capes in-game
- Added Fullscreen and VSync toggles
- Though this is not in the settings menu, you may go into the options.txt in %appdata% and toggle advancedToolTips. This shows you the item IDs of everything and the durability of tools and armor.
- The piechart is now shown when using shift+F3 instead of vice versa
- Added the cardinal direction and the degree value to the f value indicating the direction the player is facing
- Now shows which chunk and where in that chunk the player is in on X and Z values
- Pressing P while holding F3 will toggle the auto-pause when the Minecraft window loses focus
- Pressing H while holding F3 will toggle detailed item descriptions, which additionally show item id, damage value, color code, tool/armor/weapon damage and map zoom level and scale on the tooltip
- Updated language files
- Spawn protection now is disabled if there’s nothing in ops.txt
- Spawn protection radius can now be changed in the server.properties file
- Improved Creative inventory
- Items can now be cloned by using Pick Block on them – An item stack with the highest amount of items possible in it will be created
- Items can now be shift-clicked around on the survival inventory screen
- Improved General inventory
- Pressing the 1-9 hotkeys while hovering over an item will exchange that item with the one from the corresponding hotbar slot
- Status effects now cause the inventory window to be off-center regardless of screen aspect ratio