Minecraft 1.7.2 Official DownloadFiled Under Minecraft Updates | Author: Minecraft Realms Teams | October 25, 2013 | 19,291 views
has been published in the launcher! Get it now!
The Update that Changed the World. This update includes 1.7 and 1.7.1
- Added lots of new biomes!
- Added “AMPLIFIED” world type
- Added Acacia and Old Oak wood types
- Added Stained Glass
- Added Packed Ice, Red Sand, Podzol
- Added a bunch of new flowers, including double-height flowers and grass
- Added more types of fish
- Fishing rods can be enchanted
- Achievements are now world specific
- Gaining achievements now announced to other players
- Added a few new achievements
- Servers can now have a “server-icon.png” that is displayed in the multiplayer list
- You can see who’s online before joining, just hover the player count number in the server list
- New /summon command
- Added Command Block minecart
- Links in chat are now clickable
- Click on somebody’s name to send a private message
- Added a bunch of new graphics options
- Added some shader tests (click on the “Super Secret Settings” a couple of times…)
- Biome placement has been improved, and oceans are smaller
- Portals to the Nether can now have different shapes
- Fishing is now more interesting
- Maps in item frames are now extra big
- The achievement screen is zoomable
- Preparations have been made to offer name change in the future
- You can now have multiple resource packs loaded at the same time
- Resource packs can now hold sound effects
- Servers can recommend resource packs
- Network code has been rewritten
- Sound manager has been rewritten
- Many many bug fixes…
- Removed the Rose flower
- Removed Herobrine
Minecraft for Windows
Download Minecraft.exe. Place it anywhere you want, then run it.
Minecraft for Mac OS X
Download Minecraft.dmg. Unpack and place Minecraft in your /Applications folder.
Minecraft for Linux / Other
Download minecraft.jar. The jar is executable and might work as-is. If you run into memory issues, try launching it with java -Xmx1024M -Xms512M -cp minecraft.jar net.minecraft.LauncherFrame, also please use Sun’s JVM.
If you want to run the server on any other OS or without GUI it’s a bit more involved. First make sure you can use java from the command line. On Linux and Mac OS X this should already be set up but on Windows you might have to tinker with the PATH environment variable. Download and run minecraft_server.jar with java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar (Mirror) nogui.