Minecraft Snapshot 12w40a Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ October 4, 2012 ❘ 5,026 views
We’re now fully into the “prepare for release” mode, so we’ve almost only worked on bug fixing and performance. We’ve decided to aim for October 24 for the full Pretty Scary Update. Here’s this week’s changelog:
- Minor terrain additions for the witch
- Flatworld configuration now allows you to generate trees, strongholds etc
- A number of new NBT tags for items (intended for custom map makers)
- The pick block action now works on items
- Pressing the 1-9 hotkeys while hovering over an item will put that item into the inventory bar
- The left-click action will no longer open doors, pull levers, push buttons or open trapdoors. Use the right mouse button!
- Firespread has been slightly nerfed again to prevent infinitely spreading fires
- More bugfixes & tweaks!
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.