Minecraft Snapshot 12w42a Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ October 17, 2012 ❘ 3,237 views
This snapshot has the following changes:
- Anvil block has been tweaked (it’s cheaper to create, minor visual changes, and you can repair tools using wood/ingots/diamonds)
- Bats no longer trample crops or trigger pressure plates
- Redstone repeaters can be “locked” (fixed output) by having a powered repeater connected to its left or right side
- Added an option to hide a server’s IP address
- Updated language files
- More bugfixes & tweaks!
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.