Minecraft Snapshot 12w42b Download
Author: The Minecraft Team ❘ October 19, 2012 ❘ 2,411 views
Here’s the next snapshot, 12w42b! We are pushing these very rapidly now because we need to get ready for the 1.4 pre-release (which needs to be out before the official release on October 24). Since yesterday’s snapshot we’ve done…
- Falling sand now properly “pops” when falling on non-solid blocks (such as torches)
- The redstone repeater lock mechanism is now slightly more stable / predictable. It’s still not 100% as we want it, but fixing it completely will require bigger changes that we’ve planned for Minecraft 1.5.
- Fixed tooltip width for renamed items
- Added a number of sound events, but the sound effects are not added yet
- Server ping will now tell if the server and client have mismatching protocol versions
- Updated translation files
- Close Minecraft.
- Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin.
- Copy your Minecraft.jar file and back it up somewhere else.
- Move the newly downloaded Minecraft.jar into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version.
- Open up Minecraft and have fun!
I would recommend backing up your old Minecraft.jar somewhere so that you can keep all of your current mods. You can do this by just copying Minecraft.jar and pasting it into another folder.
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.