Minecraft Snapshot 14w18a
Author: Mojang Team ❘ May 2, 2014 ❘ 3,490 views
Snapshot 14w18a has been released.
- Pistons now interact with Slime Blocks in cooler ways! (Thanks to ZipKrowd for their contribution!)
- Bug fixes! Many bug fixes!
- The game has achieved sentience.
A small sample of bug fixes:
- Creepers float one-eighth of a block above the ground.
- Torch not placeable on stained glass
- When only a Spectator stays near mobs, they don’t despawn
- The bottom texture of non-full blocks is flipped vertically
- When you kill invisible horse variants, the screen will turn red/black
- It is possible to change the missing block model
- Pick block on hydrated farmland gives dirt block with invalid data value (missing texture)
- Burning Furnace (Block 62) Has Wrong Inventory Image
- Vines orienting improperly in inside corners
- Rails render from below, but not correctly
- Lapis-Lazuli Ore Pick Block
- Any stone slabs ontop of one another creates a double stone block
- Respawn button does not work if spawnpoint is outside of the worldborder
- Sheep give other color when sheared
- Player takes damage when world border is nearer than 179 blocks
- redstone overlay gets tinted
- Singleplayer menu: Only one click loads world
- The worldborder stops the player one block further away from the center in South/East direction
- Unable to create/load new heavily customized world
- Can place blocks outside world border.
- /worldborder missing string: commands.worldborder.setSlowly.success
- Redstone Gives Off No Particles When Being Broken
- Scrollbar in all lists act weird/unresponsively
- Sliders have incorrect values causing world to never be created (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: n must be positive)
- Minecraft Crashes when setting FixedBiome to Hell
- Lava Oceans setting does not work in Customized world type
- Barrier particles fight for attention
- Crafting wool/clay/glass/dog collars results in the wrong color.
- River Generation Dramatically Increased in Default World-Gen.
- Double-clicking server in server list no longer does anything
- And a whole bunch more that weren’t on the bug tracker!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w18a/minecraft_server.14w18a.jar
Cross-platform server windows exe: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w18a/minecraft_server.14w18a.exe