Cave Generation Mod
Author: TheMasterCaver ❘ December 31, 2013 ❘ 23,827 views
These mods can also be used on the server (jar version), which uses the same class files.
Here is a comparison of three worlds all generated using the same seed (-123775873255737467), centered around spawn:
Default 1.7.x cave generation for comparison purposes:
No caves; ravines, mineshafts, and lakes still generate; it is also important to note that dungeons are extremely rare without caves, although the loot can be found in chests elsewhere (music discs from creepers, dungeons also have only two out of 12):
Old cave generation; generates the same way as versions through 1.6.4, including across old-new chunks (no cut-off caves):
Double old cave generation; twice as many caves as old cave generation:
How to install:
- Open the new launcher and make sure the version of Minecraft the mod requires is already installed.
- Click “Edit Profile” in the launcher, then open the game directory.
- Go into the subfolder “versions”.
- Rename the folder for the version you require to something else. In this example, rename “1.7.x” to “1.7.x_Modded”.
- Open the 1.7.x_Modded folder.
- Rename “1.7.x.jar” to “1.7.x_Modded.jar”.
- Rename “1.7.x.json” to “1.7.x_Modded.json”.
- Open “1.7.x_Modded.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.7.x” with “id”:”1.7.x_Modded”, save the file and close it.
- Open the class files from the mod with an archiver such as WinRAR or 7-Zip and copy-paste the files into 1.7.x_Modded.jar. Do not close the archiver yet.
- Delete META-INF and close the archiver.
- Start the new launcher.
- Click “Edit Profile”
- In “Use Version”, select “1.7.x_Modded”.
- Click Save Profile.
- Login and play as normal.
Double old caves: http://www.dl.9minecraft.net/index.php?act=dl&id=1388460190
Double old caves: http://www.dl.9minecraft.net/index.php?act=dl&id=1388460227