CompatLayer 1.11.2/1.10.2 for Minecraft
Author: McJty ❘ January 7, 2017 ❘ 2,012 views
CompatLayer 1.11.2/1.10.2 is a small library/mod that allows you to write mods that run on 1.10.2 and 1.11 with the same binary jar. At least upto some point. At the very least it helps to minimize the source changes between your 1.10 version and 1.11 version of your mod in case you do need to have two versions for whatever reason.
Basically CompatLayer is nothing more then a set of classes and functions that help abstract away the differences between 1.10.2 and 1.11. At this moment it contains:
- CompatBlock: A simple extension of Block that overrides methods that have changed in 1.11 and calls CompatLayer specific versions that you can override instead in your code. Currently supports ‘neighborChanged’ and ‘onBlockActivated’
- CompatItem: A simple extension of Item that basically does the same thing as CompatBlock but then for items. Currently contains ‘onItemRightClick’
- CompatInventory: an interface that inherits from IInventory and adds a default implementation for the new func_191420_l function.
- CompatSidedInventory: same for ISidedInventory.
- ChatTools: contains a simple message ‘addChatMessage’ that avoids the new parameter that player.addChatComponentMessage() has.
- ItemStackTools: this is the biggest reason for this mod. ItemStack handling has changed a lot in 1.11. Basically itemstacks are never ‘null’. Instead there is a new empty itemstack. This class makes abstraction of that. If you carefully go through all your code that uses itemstacks and replace all calls and tests (especially things like ‘stack = null’ or ‘if (stack == null)’) with methods from this class.
Wiki for more information: https://github.com/McJty/compatlayer/wiki
Tutorial for modders: http://modwiki.temporal-reality.com/mw/index.php?title=CompatLayer-1.11
Maven for 1.10.2: http://jenkins.k-4u.nl/view/McJty/job/Compatlayer%201.10/
Maven for 1.11: http://jenkins.k-4u.nl/view/McJty/job/Compatlayer%201.11/
How to install CompatLayer 1.11.2/1.10.2:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
CompatLayer 1.11.2/1.10.2 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.10.2
For Minecraft 1.11
For Minecraft 1.11.2