Gammabright Mod 1.8/1.7.10/1.7.2Compatible with Minecraft: 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | 217,180 views |
What it does?
Gammabright is an advanced brightness and fullbright mod for Minecraft. Once toggled, it adjusts the in-game gamma setting (the brightness) which lights up everything in the game; blocks, mobs, entities… Gammabright modifies the same value that the brightness slider under “Video Settings” controls. However, the brightness slider is very limited to how much it can adjust the gamma. Gammabright can go way beyond (or below!). Compared to other brightness or fullbright mods, Gammabright looks amazing when enabled. Smooth lighting still works, all shadows are even, and there are no lighting glitches or dark spots. Gammabright can be very helpful when exploring pitch-black caves, building structures in the dark, fighting players at night, or even spotting that seemingly invisible skeleton. Gammabright is the perfect tool for videomakers as well. Let’s players, for example, can use it to set their game’s brightness at just the right level to help their viewers see easier. It’s also great for filming time-lapses at night. Gammabright has an endless amount of uses!
- Now running LiteLoader for greater stability!
- Overhaul your in-game brightness with the tap of a key
- Watch your brightness grow via the on-screen brightness indicator
- Quickly adjust your brightness using the arrow keys
- Customize Gammabright even further via its config file (see Configuration)
- Never suffer through the darkness of night again!
- See clearly while mining in dark caves, ravines, and caverns
- Spot your enemy faster while engaging in PVP
- Assist your viewers by giving your videos a brightness boost
- Spot those pesky mobs before they see you…
FYI: The brightness percentage that is shown on screen when the mod is enabled is in sync with the percentage that the brightness slider shows.
How to control Gammabright:
This section will simply explain how to use and control Gammabright.
Tap G (default) to toggle Gammabright on and off. Default brightness is 1500% (MAX).
- If on, sneaking and toggling again will hide/show “Gammabright: ????%” text.
Hold the right arrow key to increase Gammabright‘s brightness by 10% per tick.
- If sneaking at the same time, brightness will increase by 20% per tick.
- Note: Max brightness is limited to 1500%, any value higher has no noticeable effect.
Hold the left arrow key to decrease Gammabright‘s brightness by 10% per tick.
- If sneaking at the same time, brightness will decrease by 20% per tick.
- Note: Minimum brightness is limited to -500%, there is really no point to go any lower.
Tap the down arrow key to reset Gammabright‘s brightness to default (1500%).
- If already at the default or at a negative value, brightness will set to 0%.
Tap the up arrow key to temporarily show the brightness indicator
- If sneaking at the same time, setting will keep indicator always visible while mod is enabled
All keybindings for Gammabright can be changed in the “Controls” menu just like any other keybinding.
For further customization, see “Configuration” below.
- Download the correct version of Liteloader for your version of Minecraft from the link above
- Run the installer to install LiteLoader (to chain with forge check the “Chain to Minecraft Forge” option in the installer)
- Download the correct version of Gammabright for your version of Minecraft from a download link above
- **The file downloaded should have the extension “.litemod”. If it does not change it!**
- Start Minecraft and select the LiteLoader profile from the launcher screen and run the game
- After now running LiteLoader at least once, put the Gammabright litemod file into the now visible “mods” folder inside your .minecraft folder
- Run the game and enjoy!
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.