Pet Bat Mod 1.8.8/1.7.10Compatible with Minecraft: 1.8.8, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | 205,937 views |
This mod adds the ability to tame wild bats. After you have tamed a bat, it will accompany you around and fight hostile mobs and players.
Pet Bat mechanisms:
- If not fighting, will always follow and remain close to the owner
- If owner isn’t present (left server), remains where he last was
- Tries and finds a hanging spot if it can, will not leave whatever area it is in
- Can be startled from hanging spot by a foreign player, by attacks, by breaking the block, or by dropping pumpking pie
- If it gets stuck and the owner runs further off, will teleport directly into owner inventory
- Bats are not fire or lava proof, or particularly resistant to explosions
- Levels up by dealing damage, does not require actual kills
- Levelling up boosts max health and damage
- Upon reaching level 3, pet bats gain a 33% life steal on attack effect
- Upon reaching max level, pet bats gain enchantment visuals
- Upon “death” returns as Item to owner inventory and has to be fed before it can fly again
- If owner isn’t on the server when it dies, it really dies and is lost
- Your inventory is a completely safe place, unless you happen to die
- Ownership of a Pet Bat does not transfer with the Item bat, the tamer stays it’s owner
- A hurt pet bat can be healed by crafting it with pumpkin pie or by dropping pumping pie for feeding
- Foreign players can feed them pumpkin pie by dropping it nearby
- Only freshly dropped pie counts
- Handheld bats grant night vision, regardless of their health
- Yes, you can pour your cruelty, your malice, and your will to dominate all life into your bat using an anvil and pumpkin pie
- Apart from healing the bat that doesn’t do much
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.