You like horror games? You afraid of the dark? Regular Minecraft doesn’t have anything remotely like that, even on the lowest brightness setting. You can see perfectly well in the dark, making torches only a mob-spawn defense.. not a requirement.
- Decreased light levels and block light. You can’t see clearly at night
- Automatic gamma-setting.
- Nerfed torches: less light and less per-craft (coal gives two torches, charcoal one.)
How it works:
- The gamma is turned way down, to -1. This creates the awesome darkness effect. I’ve only edited three classes – GameSettings, CraftingManager, and Block. GameSettings to automate the gamma, CraftingManager to reduce torch crafting (using coal gives 2 torches, using charcoal 1), and Block to edit light levels.
Playing without the mod:
- You don’t need this mod to play with Advanced Darkness! You can also run vanilla/modded Minecraft like this (albeit without the crafting and radius changes). In your options.txt (in the .minecraft directory), simply change the ‘gamma’ option to -1. That’s it! This mod does it automatically, with some changes otherwise to verify it as a real mod.
How to install:
- How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar file into
- /Users/[Your user]/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods on Windows
- /Users/[Your user]/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods on Mac folder
- If one does not exist you can create one
- Enjoy the mod
Advanced Darkness Mod,