Better Than Wolves Mod
For Minecraft 1.5.2Last Updated: June 17, 2013 ❘ Category: Minecraft Mods ❘ 100,912 views
Better Than Wolves Mod adds many new functions to the game, including powered a mechanical power system, light blocks, pulleys and platforms, pourable cement that turns into stone, pottery, a way to cook food (but only food) without wasting any fuel and much more!
Better Than Wolves is organized into distinct “Ages” that represent different stages of Steve’s technological progress. Each Age in turn may be organized into separate Tiers that represent separate tasks that the player must achieve in order to progress to the next.
The following instructions are organized chronologically in terms of what the player must accomplish in order to progress forward in the mod. If you are just starting out with Better Than Wolves, then it is recommend you commence at the top of the instructions and work your way downwards. This mod is rather complex, and it is my hope that organizing these instructions in this fashion will make it all easier to digest for a new player.
If you have additional questions about the mod that aren’t covered in this post, you can also consult the Better Than Wolves wiki:
- 1) Make sure minecraft is not running.
- 2) Download and install Modloader
- 3) Open your minecraft.jar with Winrar or other program
- 4) Delete the META-INF folder in minecraft.jar (you should have already done this when you installed ModLoader)
- 5) Copy all the files and folders in this mod’s MINECRAFT-JAR folder into your minecraft.jar (overwriting any existing files).
- 6) Profit!
Note: This mod can NOT be installed by using the ModLoader method of simply copying this zip file into the “.minecraft/mods/” folder. It modifies base classes, and thus this ModLoader functionality can not be supported (as explicitly stated in the ModLoader documentation). You MUST copy the appropriate files into minecraft.jar as described above for this mod to function properly.
- For Advanced users only: If you want to remap the block and item ids to ensure compatibility with another mod copy BTWConfig.txt into your .minecraft folder and edit it to your liking.
- Warning: Make sure you know what you’re doing if you attempt this. Tampering with this file can corrupt save games and result in crashes if you screw up. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
- 1) Make sure minecraft is not running.
- 2) Open your minecraft_server.jar with Winrar or other program
- 3) DO NOT install Modloader and DO NOT delete META-INF. Unlike with the client, these steps are not necessary, and it will not work properly if you perform them.
- 4) Copy all the files and folders in this mod’s MINECRAFT_SERVER-JAR folder into your minecraft_server.jar (overwriting any existing files).
- 5) Optionally, copy the mod’s config file into the same directory that contains minecraft_server.jar.
- 6) Obviously, clients connecting to your server will need to have BTW installed.
- 7) ….
- 8) Receive heaps of praise from the players on your server for installing BTW, and laugh maniacally as you ban dissenters.
Or see installation in wiki page
Better Than Wolves is designed as a standalone mod and as such does not support compatibility with any other. Existing compatibly with any given mod is purely coincidental and may be removed without notice in future updates.
- Updated BTW to version 1.5.2 of Minecraft.
- Added an internal add-on handling system that effectively replaces Modloader within BTW. This was done for a number of reasons, but mainly so that the code for SSP & SMP would be more uniform since ModLoader does not have a server version. This made the BTW code-base more annoying to maintain, and rather difficult for add-on authors to have their mods function in multiplayer. Note that BTW will no longer function with ModLoader installed, and thus is now likely incompatible with all mods that make use of it.
- Added a new ability to the beast.
- Fixed vanilla problem with displaying the correct information on clocks and compasses in both the stats page, and in the crafting result slot, to prevent exploits.
- Fixed problem with torches still sometimes spawning around bonus chests as items.
- Fixed some weirdness (including an item duplication) when placing torches in a block occupied by both tall grass (or other similar blocks), and snow.
- Fixed weirdness with two zombies attempting to break down a barricade at the same time.
- Removed the step sound from chickens, as that clicking was super annoying.