Botania Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10
Author: Vazkii ❘ October 17, 2016 ❘ 116,011 views
Botania Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 is a tech mod themed around natural magic. The main concept is to create magical flowers and devices utilizing the power of the earth, in the form of Mana.
Botania is fully playable by itself (and is designed to be played like that), but it functions well with other mods too. The mod focuses on automation without grinding. By which systems have to be thought out and not just created by following blueprints on NEI or a wiki.
Botania follows some design rules:
- No pipes, wires or equivalent, they are boring and overdone;
- Abstain from using GUIs in favour of in-world interaction;
- Refrain from showing numbers to the player to minimize the incentive to minmax;
- Provide pleasing visuals utilizing only two different particle effects;
- Utilize or provide renewable resources where possible.
With a few goals in mind:
- Break the norm of mods being means to an end, by being engaging in play, not only reward;
- Deliver fun and balanced gameplay, without the use of grinding;
- Incentivize sandbox gameplay and the creation of fun contraptions;
- Provide an immersive experience overall.
The Lexica Botania
A look at the Power System in action, creating water runes.
Various lenses you can put on your Mana Spreaders to change their behaviour.
The Heisei Dream, one of the flowers currently implemented, turns mobs against eachother.
To get started in Botania, one needs to find magical flowers around the world, they spawn in one of 16 colors. These flowers can be made into petals, which are the main crafting material in the mod.
An ingame documentation book exists, in the form of the Lexica Botania. It tells you how the mod works. You can make it by combining a book with any sapling.
Botania features a power system called Mana, which is a somewhat original power system, compared to most others out there. It’s a power system that requires aiming and time coordination, as the power does not go where you want automatically or instantaneously, for more info, see the following video:
The Mana can also be applied for other tasks, such as Runic Infusion (see video below), enchanting, repairing tools or powering magical artifacts.
How to install Botania Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Botania Mod 1.10.2/1.7.10 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.10.2