Clay Soldiers Mod
For Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.5.2
Last Updated: November 10, 2015 ❘ Category: Minecraft Mods ❘ 336,882 views
The clay soldiers mod adds little colored steves that you can make from clay and soul sand. One soul sand on top of one clay block in a crafting grid will give you four of these little guys. There are a bunch of ways to upgrade them using sticks, leather, gold nuggets, iron blocks, bowls, etc. Create your own miniature army out of clay and stage the most epic battles imaginable in a space small enough to be your backyard!
A clay soldier is an item you can hold in your hand. It is crafted using a clay block (for substance) and soulsand (for sustaining intelligent life). Once you have a nice little pile in your hands (up to 16), right-click to place them all at once or sneak-right-click to place only one.
They will quickly spread out and begin to roam the landscape. The soldiers walk slow and don’t jump very high, but they have enough arm strength to climb up a single block. Unfortunately, since they lack a decent skeletal support structure (or even skin, for that matter), their delicate figures can be horribly mutilated by even the weakest of blows. A player can cripple a clay soldier in just a single punch.
So naturally, they aren’t hostile towards anything bigger than themselves. But what in the world are they qualified to fight against? Other clay soldiers, of course! There are a whole lot of different teams you can craft your pale gray soldiers into: All 16 dyes (light gray count as regular soldiers for that matter) and even melon/pumpkin flavored! If you place two (or more) different teams and they can see each other, they immediately begin to fight.
You’re probably thinking: “Well, that’s neat and all, but is there anything to spice up the fights?” The answer is: Of course! Clay Soldiers can ride a plethora of different mounts and can hold a huge array of upgrades, on which you’ll find out shortly.
Choose from a variety of equipment, arm your soldiers to the teeth and have a showdown to see which type of assistance is more beneficial to their survival! All you need to do is drop the desired item on the ground for them to pick up. You can even drop a stack of said item and they’ll evenly split it up amongst themselves:
- Stick, 20 uses, increases melee damage by 2-3 points
- Arrow, 20 uses, increases melee damage by 4-5 points, drops feather, counts as stick upgraded with flint
- Blaze Rod, 20 uses, increases melee damage by 1-2 points, causes burn time on target
- Bone, 30 uses, increases melee damage by 3-4, increases melee range slightly, can not be equipped while riding mount, can not ride mount while equipped
- Shear Blade, 25 uses, increases melee damage by 1-2 points, by 3-4 damage on first hit while stealthed, can be held in either hand
- Glistering Melon, 25 uses, heals any ally below 25% hp by 15 points, soldier doesn’t attack enemies while equipped with this
- Gravel, 15 uses, thrown for 2-3 points damage
- Snowball, 5-20 uses, thrown for 0 damage, slows target on hit
info: uses depend on the item given! snowball gives 5; snow layer gives 10; snow block gives 20
- Fire Charge, 15 uses, thrown for 1-2 damage, causes burn time on hit
- Bowl, 20 uses, reduces incoming physical damage by half (when used with leather, only receives 25% of original damage)
info: no longer entirely blocks ranged attacks, only reduces damage from them
- Shear Blade, 25 uses, increases melee damage by 1-2 points, by 3-4 damage on first hit while stealthed, can be held in either hand
- Emerald, 5-45 uses, deals 3-4 direct unavoidable damage at medium range, plus two with sugarcane boost, doubles if target is wet
info: uses depend on the item given! emerald item gives 5 uses; emerald block gives 45 uses
- Nether Quartz, 4 uses, deals heavy knockback to all targets nearby if soldier takes too many hits
- IronIngot, Makes soldier vastly resistant to knockback, increases knockback dealt to others, both effects neutralized vs another iron ingot user
- Brick, Makes soldier extremely slow and less willing to move, will use ranged attacks if available before melee
- String, Makes soldier resist all damage from one explosion
- Cactus, 75% chance to negate burn time, halves total burn time otherwise
- Nether Brick, Gives burn time to any soldier that attacks nether brick user with unarmed attacks
- Wheat, Makes soldier never attack, even if hit first
- Nether Wart, Makes soldier attack its allies
- Fermented Spider Eye, Makes soldier not attack, unless attacked first
- Leather, 20 uses, reduces incoming physical damage by half (when used with bowl, only receives 25% of original damage)
- Food, 4 uses, heals soldier when below 25%, healed XP is hungerPoints * 0.5
- Gold Nugget, gives soldier a crown, all of team follows the king
- Glowstone, makes soldier glow, block gives to infinite soldiers
- Gunpowder, 1 use, soldier explodes on death (incompatible with magmacream/firework star)
- MagmaCream, 1 use, places a 2 second time bomb on the soldier which deals the final attack if killed by melee hit (incompatible with gunpowder/fireworkstar)
- Sugar, makes soldier move faster (incompatible with diamond upgrades)
- Clay, 4 uses, revives fallen soldiers of own color
- GhastTear, 2 uses, revives brick dolls to own color
- RedstoneDust, 4 uses, causes target to entirely stop attacking for 3 seconds, applied by all thrown and melee attacks, block gives to infinite soldiers
- Slimeball, 5 uses, causes target to entirely stop moving for 3 seconds, applied by all thrown and melee attacks
- Feather, soldier can not attack while falling, soldier’s fall is slowed greatly and takes no damage on landing, no effect with iron ingot or while mounted
- GlassBottle/Pane/Block, doubles vision range, soldier can see stealthed enemies, bottles and panes give 1, block as infinite supply
- Paper/Book, gives a plain cape, dyed paper and books give colored capes, book gives to infinite soldiers
- Diamond, gives super crown and cape, doubles number of uses for all limited use items, grants sugar speed boost, multiplies hp by 10, incompatible with diamond block
- Diamond Block, gives super crown and cape, multiplies limited use item uses by five, grants sugar speed boost, multiplies hp by 80, incompatible with diamond
- EnderPearl, soldier zombifies, gains +5 hp, heals fully when deals last hit to a target, targets slain become zombies, dies after 10 minutes of no fighting
- BlazePowder, 1 use, instantly kills target with fire, turning it into brick doll
- RedMushroom, 1 use, applies poison to target
- BrownMushroom, 2 uses, heals soldier for 10 hp when below 25%
- LillyPad, soldier has pants and will float on water, no effect when used with iron ingot
- Egg, soldier is ghostly and can not be detected by enemies not wearing glass goggles, doubles damage output of shears, will be detected when others wearing glasses
- WheatSeed, soldier can NOT be infected by any zombification
- WoodButton, increases melee damage by 1 when no weapon is equipped, incompatible with stone button
- StoneButton, increases melee damage by 2 when no weapon is equipped, incompatible with wood button
- MobHead, gives the soldier a mask to wear
- FireworkStar, 1 use, soldier explodes on death in a firework effect, incompatible with gunpowder/magmacream
Before we’ll talk about the mounts, lets firstly talk about how to clean up a mess! Your soldiers run away and you don’t want to chase them around, killing every single one of them? Or you’re just tired of the current fight and want to restart the match with different upgrades? Then we have the right device for you! Upon usage it will kill every soldier (and mounts, too) in a 32 block radius, clean and tidy! There’s also a hardened version, which gives the double amount of uses.
For the creative crafters: When you use it while sneaking, you can delete every clay soldier / mount item laying on the floor, too!
Horses and Pegasi
Indeed you can craft a trusty steed for them to sit on! Simple soulsand and a material, which is usable to craft a horse for your personal armies to ride and enjoy. Horses have no team allegiance, so any soldier can ride any horse. Depending on the used material, a horse will have either more health or more speed. In 50% of cases a soldier with a horse gets hit, the horse will take the damage instead of the rider. Be careful not to burn the horses, though!
But normal horses may be not enough for you. So why not try pegasi? Those elegant flying creatures will hover above the ground and share the same material treats as horses.
These adorable little things come in different flavors, which are all capable of holding your armies above water. Also, if they get damaged, they’ll reflect a small potion of the damage back to the attacker! Other than that, each type has it’s own speed and health values, just like horses do.
Bunnies come in ALL the wool colors and, different from their horse/pegasus/turtle counterpart, have the same speed and amount of health. They will hop as high as the player can, even when ridden, which is amazing considering their size! Oh, and they constantly jump around when a soldier hops on them, making it difficult for the enemies to hit them properly.
Those spider-like creatures can be crafted from any type of (vanilla) sapling, so there are the richest mount regarding type variety! You ask “Why spider-like?” Well, because they can climb up to 3 block-high walls! Despite having so much different types (36), or even because of that, they are all the same regarding speed/health, just like bunnies.
The day of extended, never ending battles is upon us! This is the greatest piece of clay-technology we’ve ever made. This device, when activated, will call upon the spirits of fallen soldiers of the many battles past to return to the frey in an attempt to redeem themselves in combat once more! It can also provide a spirit-mount for the spawned soldier. Both won’t drop any item upon death, neither themselves nor their upgrades! Enemy soldiers will attempt to deactivate the nexus, but only when they have no target to attack anymore. Did we tell you that it can throw anything the soldiers can throw? No? Well, now you know.
You’ve always wanted to know how many soldiers are on the battlefield and predict who will win? We’ve heard your calls and crafted this next wonder in clay-technology! Just by holding it, you can see which team with how many members is on the battlefield. It even goes as far and counts the number of mounts.
This is a non-finished feature for now! Stuff can change, you have been warned!
This is explained in the upgrades section, so we’ll just give you the crafting recipes here:
For all those adventurers out there, we’ve asked the all-mighty ChunkGenerator to add those to his generation features, and he finally heard us! When generating new chunks of land (either by generating a new world or by exploring new areas), you may encounter one of these buildings, filled with peaceful clay soldiers and a chest filled with clay-related stuff in them. But be careful, since there is a chance of encountering a zombified hut whose inhabitants are out to kill you!
Old Information (For 1.5.2 and Previous)
Here’s how it works: Clay Soldiers Mod is an item you can hold in your hand. It is crafted using a clay block (for substance) and soulsand (for sustaining intelligent life). Specifically, one block of clay and one block of soulsand can be used to create four soldiers. Once you have a nice little pile in your hands (up to 16), right-click to place them all at once. They will quickly spread out and begin to roam the landscape. They walk slow and don’t jump very high, but they have enough arm strength to climb up a single block. Unfortunately, since they lack a decent skeletal support structure (or even skin, for that matter), their delicate figures can be horribly mutilated by even the weakest of blows. A player can cripple a clay soldier in just a single punch. So naturally, they aren’t hostile towards anything bigger than themselves. So, what in the world are they qualified to fight against? …Other clay soldiers, of course!
Clay soldiers have a team-based mentality. They respect similar colors of their race, and treat their identical equals as brothers. But when colors other than grey come into play, things start to get a little bit more exciting! You can use red dye, blue dye, green dye, yellow dye, orange dye, pink dye, brown dye (cocoa beans) or purple dye to change the color of your soldiers, and then set them loose to start a fight! Grey soldiers are peaceful unless attacked, but all other colors will rush in for the kill without mercy! Their natural hatred towards members of a different spectrum allows for a lot of exciting events to take place in your Minecraft world. Build giant battlefields, arm your fortresses to the teeth, and let your soldiers transform the earth into a sea of crumbled clay!
Following things in the spoiler are removed in v6! However, they are still there in previous versions:
Horses, Pegasi, Turtles, Bunnies and Geckos:
Note: there is an endstone variant of the turtles, which is made with endstone and soul sand.
Note: there is a carrot variant of the horses and pegasi, which is made with carrots.
Clay Disruptor, Clay Cookies and Clay Nexus:
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install SanAndreasP’s Manager Pack.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Manager Pack (which is now a coremod): http://www.dl.9minecraft.net/index.php?act=dl&id=1378744731