GLSL Shaders Mod [1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2]Filed Under Minecraft Mods | Author: karyonix | November 10, 2013 | 490,469 views
What is GLSL Shaders Mod?
There are very few mods that stand out from the other, however even the mods that do can be topped by even more extraordinary ones. Very few mods will continually be loathed forever by the entire user/player community of minecraft, and when this happens; the mod itself will continue to grow player, and feature wise. The GLSL Shaders mod for Minecraft it not only possibly one of the most unique, and extraordinary mods of all time; but it is also perhaps a very long awaited, fully developed, and well created mod in which implements spectacular shading and environmental animations to your game of Minecraft. The mod itself, developed by a very unique creator; has been developed to implement an original and beautiful looking shader into the game. The shader itself introduces a different type of lighting the game, initially enhancing the default brightness, before darkening the Shadows to create a wonderful effect.
The GLSL shaders mod is very GPU intensive, and requires a very decent computer to run it well. It is advised that the user be smart when choosing to install, and use this mod. A large amount of FPS (Frame-Rate per second) will be used in the entire process of using the mod. Thankfully, the developer of the mod has released different versions, some with different FPS usage. Even so, the mod will still undoubtedly cause a large amount of lag, this will become a large problem for those of whom do not have a computer in which can run such a mod. If you are unsure of your FPS with or without the mod installed, simply log into your world in Minecraft, and press the F3 button on your keyboard. This will bring up a screen, covered with details and lines of different information The FPS counter is located on the top left of this screen layout, easily labelled and easy to understand. To close this layout, simply press the F3 button once more.
This is modified version of daxnitro’s GLSL Shaders mod, updated for newer Minecraft version since 1.4.2.
There are some added features.
- Support connected texture
- Support multiple composite programs (compostire1, composite2, composite3)
GLSL Shaders Mod Video:
How to install GLSL Shaders Mod for Minecraft:
You need specified version of original minecraft.jar,.
You need shaders (*.vsh, *.fsh). They are not currently included in mod zip.
Manual installation in minecraft.jar
- 1. Make a backup of original minecraft.jar. (You may want it later.)
- 2. Open minecraft.jar in WinRAR or 7-Zip or similar program.
- 3. Delete META-INF in minecraft.jar.
- 4. If you use Forge, copy files from Forge universal zip into minecraft.jar
- 5. Copy files from zip into minecraft.jar.
- 6. Copy files from ShadersMod zip into minecraft.jar
- 7. Copy *.fsh *.vsh files into minecraft.jar/shaders (or leave it empty and copy *.fsh *.vsh into .minecraft/shaders folder instead)
- 8. Finished. Run minecraft.
Installation for use with
- 1. Open Magic Launcher.
- 2. Click Setup button.
- 3. Select or create configuration you want to use.
- 4. If you use Forge, add Forge universal zip.
- 5. Add OptiFine zip (below Forge universal if used together).
- 6. Add ShadersMod zip below OptiFine.
- 7. Add shaders zip file (which has *.fsh *.vsh in shaders folder inside zip)
- 8. OK
How to use newer version of Shaders Mod with SEUS-v10rc7
- A. Manual install in minecraft.jar
- Open minecraft.jar in 7-Zip
- Delete META-INF
- Copy files from mod zip into minecraft.jar in this order: (forge), optifine, SEUS-v10rc7, newer ShadersMod
- B. Merge newer ShadersMod into SEUS-v10rc7 zip (for use with Magic Launcher)
- Replace .class files in SEUS-v10rc7 zip with .class files from newer ShadersMod.
- C. Simply use Magic Launcher
- Add SEUS-v10rc7 zip file below OptiFine and above newer ShadersMod.
- Add newer ShadersMod below SEUS-v10rc7.
Notes for Minecraft 1.6.x:
- Use Mojang’s Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.x. Then close it.
- Use Mojang’s Minecraft Launcher to run Minecraft 1.6.x with profile Forge.
- Check whether everything is alright and close.
Normal map and specular map name:
- Insert _n or _s before .png at the end of texture name in resource pack.
- It will end with “_n.png” or “_s.png” .
- Texture in resource pack : assets\minecraft\textures\blocks\cobblestone.png
- Normal map in resource pack : assets\minecraft\textures\blocks\cobblestone_n.png
- Specular map in resource pack : assets\minecraft\textures\blocks\cobblestone_s.png
GLSL Shaders Mod Download Links:
You have to uninstall the old Optifine forfrom the mods folder to run it successfully.
Bump shadow waving
Sildur’s Shaders: http://www.9minecraft.net/sildurs-shaders-mod/
Chocapic13′s Shaders: http://www.9minecraft.net/chocapic13-shaders-mod/
Sonic Ether’s v8 Ultra: http://www.mediafire.com/?pei02c8727sa720
Sonic Ether’s v8 Default: http://www.mediafire.com/?d8d66m1837i4wdm
Sonic Ether’s v8 Lite: http://www.mediafire.com/?6fcgoi4htb8jacq