Mekanism Mod [1.6.4/1.6.2/1.5.2]Filed Under Minecraft Mods | Author: aidancbrady | October 16, 2013 | 101,083 views
What is Mekanism Mod?
Craft yourself a Hydrogen Reactor or double your ore output with the Enrichment Chamber. Make yourself an Obsidian Paxel and perform electrolysis. The possibilities are endless.
Mekanism is an extensive mod featuring innovative ways of electricity generation, advanced ore processing machinery, new sets and types of tools and armor, and much more. If you like high tech machinery that extends your resource collection and processing, then this mod is for you!
Mekanism brings 5 new sets of tools and armor, new weapons and tools, more explosives, magic items, weather and time control, powerful machines, electronic bows, lightning rods, and a many other features into Minecraft
- Energy Cube – a three-tiered energy storage device capable of holding 1,000, 2,500, and 5,000 KJ. Can accept and output Universal Electricity, BuildCraft and IndustrialCraft power. Breaking it will yield the cube, but with the same amount of energy it contained when it dropped. This item can then be used as a battery in, say, an MFSU. Place it down, and you get an Energy Cube with the same amount of energy.
- Energy Tablet – a universal battery, capable of storing 250 KJ, that works with IC2 and UE.
- Platinum Compressor – a machine capable of combining various vanilla-based materials with Platinum to obtain various alloys.
- Combiner – a machine used to combine dusts with Cobblestone in order to obtain their ore form. Not a cheap process — requires extensive amounts of electricity and 8 dusts to create a single ore, although working with materials including Copper, Tin, Silver and Lead.
- Metallurgic Infuser – a machine used to combine alloys such carbon and an enriched form of iron to obtain steel, or tin dust and a copper ingot to obtain bronze.
- Crusher – a machine used to crush ingots of various materials in order to obtain their dust counterpart. Also can be used to crush clumps into dirty forms of dust, or to compress plant-based materials into biofuel. Yes, it can get you coal dust.
- Enrichment Chamber – a machine used to enrich ores into two of their dust form. Also is capable of turning dirty dust into it’s pure form of dust.
- Purification Chamber – a second-tier version of the Enrichment Chamber, used to turn an ore into three clumps — in other words, 300% ore output. Requires a large amount of Oxygen to function.
- Electrolytic Separator – a machine that splits water molecules using an electric current, leaving you with two units of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen.
- Smelting Factory – an electric furnace with 3 tiers — having 3, 5, and 7 operation slots.
- Solar Generator – a generator that runs completely on the sun — generating a small amount of electricity during the day, and none at night.
- Advanced Solar Generator – nine-times more efficient than the Solar Generator, taking up 11 times more space. Cheaper than nine Solar Generators.
- Bio-Generator – used to create energy out of BioFuel. A fairly efficient process, although automation will be handy considering the BioFuel doesn’t last that long.
- Heat Generator – a thermopile-based machine that is capable of producing tiny amounts of energy when lava surrounds it. Also works as a solid-fuel generator, simply put any burnable resource in the fuel slot and it will generate you plenty of electricity.
- Hydrogen Generator – directly converts Hydrogen into useable electricity. Requires immense amounts of Hydrogen to function, but generates large amounts of electricity. Can be directly connected to an Electrolytic Separator.
- Machine-based upgrade system that cooperates with all other UE mods.
- Atomic Disassembler, end-game electronic multitool.
- Electric Bow, capable of catching arrows on fire before launch.
- Configurator, used to modify machines’ sided inventories (implementable API).
- 6 sets of tools and armor, all with visible HP information.
- Full-fledged IC2 and BuildCraft integration.
- In-game update system.
- Completely open source.
- Plenty more features!
How to install Mekanism Mod:
- Download and install
- Download MDK, Mekanism (Core Module), Mekanism Tools (Tools & Armor), Mekanism Generators (Electricity Generation)
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar file into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods folder. If one does not exist you can create one
- Configure Mekanism with the ‘Mekanism.cfg’ file located in the ‘config’ folder.
Mekanism Mod Download Links: