About this mod:
Thaumcraft is a mod which allows you to use the magic around you in the form of “vis” (pronounced “Veece”) to perform different tasks and create fantastic items.
Thaumaturgy… which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at.
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about – drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
Thaumcraft Mod Videos:
Thaumcraft Mod Recipes:
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here (using a stick and iron nuggets):
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the mod
- Go to %appdata%
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it
- If one does not exist you can create one
- Enjoy the mod
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
- API: crop definitions via IMC now require [OreDictionary.WILDCARD_VALUE] instead of [-1] as a wildcard value.
- Creating an arcane worktable with a staff won’t auto-insert the staff into it anymore
- The runic armor Energetic augment now increases the total regen speed, not just for the augmented piece. The more pieces with this augment, the greater the bonus.
- Bone bow can now be held properly
- Bone bow can now accept the repair enchant
- Fiddled some more with the focus-wheel cursor
- Magic mirrors will try to reestablish the link if one of them is moved by strange methods
- Fixed fall damage reduction for boots of the traveller and upgrades
- Infusion matrix will not increase essentia costs for missing essentia
- Fixed wisp spawners in hilltip ruins
- Primal focus now respects the mobgriefing rule
- Changed some aspect combos to improve aspect balance
- Changed aspects some blocks and items contain for the same reason
- Numerous bugfixes, enhancements and additions
- Fixed bellows not applying their speed bonus to infernal furnaces
- Improved disappearing cursor issues – alas the “wand” cursor was lost in the process
- After warding or unwarding a block there will be a half second period during which it cannot be warded or unwarded again to prevent accidentally doing it twice.
- Made it a bit more obvious when you run out of ink in the research table
Thaumcraft Mod Download Links:
Older versions:Thaumcraft Mod,