Zan’s Minimap Mod 1.8/1.7.10Compatible with Minecraft: 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | 1,142,277 views |
What is Zan’s Minimap?
Zan’s Minimap (VoxelMap) Mod is very handy. It will show a big chunk of the area you are at the moment in a small window on the top right of your screen. This way you can see where to go.
New Death Marker!
Spot of your last death marked on the map. In the latest version; Grab 1.3.2i at PMC
New Radar Mode!
Mob icons on the minimap. In the latest version, Grab 1.4.2 at PMC
Icons are see through when mob is above. Icons are darkened when mob is below:
Zan’s minimap is a rather famous minimap mod created by Zan
How to install Zan’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft:
Non Forge version:
- Open the new launcher and make sure the version of Minecraft the mod requires is already installed.
- Click “Edit Profile” in the launcher, then open the game directory.
- Go into the subfolder “versions”.
- Rename the folder for the version you require to something else. In this example, rename “1.7.2″ to “1.7.2_Zanminimap”.
- Open the 1.7.2_Zanminimap folder.
- Rename “1.7.2.jar” to “1.7.2_Zanminimap.jar”.
- Rename “1.7.2.json” to “1.7.2_Zanminimap.json”.
- Open “1.7.2_Zanminimap.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.7.2″ with “id”:”1.7.2_Zanminimap”, save the file and close it.
- Unzip mod file and copy all files into 1.7.2_Zanminimap.jar. Do not close the archiver yet.
- Delete META-INF and close the archiver.
- Start the new launcher.
- Click “Edit Profile”
- In “Use Version”, select “1.7.2_Zanminimap”.
- Click Save Profile.
- Login and play as normal.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge (For 1.7.2 or older) or LiteLoader (For 1.7.10, 1.8)
- Download the mod
- Go to %appdata%
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it
- If one does not exist you can create one
- Enjoy the mod
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10
For Minecraft 1.8