Simple Fluid Tanks Mod
Author: Zarathul ❘ August 5, 2016 ❘ 25,466 views
Simple Fluid Tanks Mod is a mod that allows you to store fluids in an expandable multiblock structures. It is best used in conjunction with other, usually tech related mods.
- No fixed layout. Build in almost any size and shape you want.
- Compatible with mods that support the Forge Fluid API (IC2, BuildCraft, Thermal Expansion, LiquidXP and many more).
- Supports BuildCraft compatible wrenches.
- Comparator support.
- Fully customizable recipes.
- Waila support.
- Supports in-game mod configuration menu.
- High performance (no ticking tile entities).
Unliked tank blocks
A completed multiblock tank
Pumping water from one tank to another with Thermal Expansions fluiducts
Some tanks with fluids from Thermal Expansion
The valve emits a redstone signal in conjunction with a comparator
Two separate tanks placed directly adjacent to one another
Fluid Tank (glass, iron ingots)
Valve (slimeballs, iron ingots, fluid tank)
Wrench (iron ingots)
- The multiblock structure: To build a functional tank you start by placing as many fluid tank blocks as you want. The only important thing to note here, is that placing them diagonally won’t work. They have to be directly adjacent to at least one other fluid tank. When you try it yourself, you’ll probably notice that they’re not rendered with connected textures. That’s to indicate that they’re not yet part of a multiblock tank. To complete the multiblock structure you simply place a valve block directly adjacent to one of the fluid tanks. You’ll notice that the fluid tanks are now all connected (see screenshots below).
- Capacity: Every fluid tank has by default a capacity of 16 buckets. Concerning the total capacity the valve counts also as a tank block. To increase the capacity of a multiblock tank, place more fluid tanks and when you’re done rightclick the valve with a BuildCraft compatible wrench. To remove fluid tanks from the structure sneak rightclick them with a wrench. If there’s not enough capacity left to store all the fluid after removing a tank, the excess fluid will be lost.
- The valve: There can be only one valve per multiblock structure. Putting fluid into a tank or getting it out can only be done via the valve. To do so, either use a fluid container (e.g. buckets, bottles, IC2 cells) or transportation methods added by other mods that use Forge’s Fluid API (e.g. Thermal Expansion fluiducts, BuildCraft pipes). To get an indication how full the tank is, or for automation purposes, you can place a comparator next to a valve. It works exactly like it does with chests. The fuller the tank, the stronger the emitted signal.
Simple Fluid Tanks Mod How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Download Links for Simple Fluid Tanks Mod: