SimpleOres ModCompatible with Minecraft: 1.6.4, 1.6.2, 1.5.2 | Author: AleXndrTheGr8st | 103,271 views |
SimpleOres is a relatively small mod in that it doesn’t completely overhaul the Minecraft experience, add any new realms, add any form of currency, add any mobs or NPC’s, or anything like that. All it does is add five new ores to the game. That might not seem like much, in-fact you might be thinking to yourself right now “Why would I use this ore mod when I could be using one like Metallurgy, that adds LOADS of ores.” Well, the simple answer to that is balancing. SimpleOres may only add five ores, but each one has it’s own strengths and weaknesses. Each ore is unique, with many hours put into finely balancing them so that they feel like a perfect extension of the vanilla Minecraft ores. Don’t be fooled, five new ores adds a whole lot to the game, leaving you feeling like they should have always been in Minecraft.
How to install SimpleOres Mod for Minecraft:
- Make sure you are running the new Launcher
- Download and install Minecraft Forge installer
- Download the SimpleOres zip from above. Do not extract it.
- Double click on the MinecraftForge installer, and when it loads, make sure the “Install Client” radial is checked, and your Minecraft path is correct, and then click OK, then OK again.
- Start the Minecraft Launcher, and log in. Down the bottom left of the window, click the Profile drop down box and select “Forge”. Click “Play”.
- Once you get to the Minecraft menu, close the game. Now go to “%appdata%/.minecraft” and copy the SimpleOres zip into the mods folder.
- You’re done! Just load up the game again, make sure Forge is still the selected profile, and you should be good!
All the ID’s used by Netherrocks, including Block ID’s, Item ID’s, Achievement ID’s and the spawn rates and vein sizes of these ores. Follow the instructions in the spoiler below to change these ID’s, remember that if you have a save game with items and blocks, changing the ID’s of those items/blocks will cause them to disappear.
- Run Minecraft at least once with Netherrocks installed, then close it.
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder and open the config folder, and then the Netherrocks folder (“%appdata%.minecraftconfigNetherrocks”).
- Open config.txt with any text editor (although I recommend Notepad++)
- Search for the category of the ID you want to change. For example, ore blocks are under “ore blocks”, pickaxes are under “pickaxes”, and spawn rates are under “spawn rates”. It’s all fairly straight forward.
- Find the thing you want to change the ID of, for example Copper-Block, and change the number at the end of it. Block ID’s cannot be greater than 4096, while item ID’s should not be greater than about 28000 (I think).
- Save the document, and open Minecraft again. If all goes well, you should be able to play like normal.
Older versions:SimpleOres Mod,